Xeno Fannage!

PS3 Super Slim wtf

kare_reiko
    Donator

PS3 Super Slim wtf

Post by kare_reiko on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Hey all,
    I'd need someplace to trow my surprise/anger/face palm.

I sold my ps3, it was at time when ps4 was announcement. I feel really bad that Versus and KH3 will propably hit ps4 not ps3 that I brought for this games and I was right.
    Console was like 2 years old I was started to worry if it won't fry soon, since I read some comments about that on net at that time. I wanted to get some money back to save for next ps3 in future since I still love to play Tales of Graces and Xillia again in future.

Two day ago I was wonder how much ps3 cost when ps4 soon will hit market. What I find out was shocking for me. Price is almost on level when ps3 was just new and I find out about ps3 super slim.
    Crazy big price for something "old" just because they trow in set some useless Move pads and camera. Add to that I couldn't even find set that isn't super slim version.
    Ok so I done some research. What I find about Super Slim that it's worst kind of mechanic as possible, the worst bluray laser and it's made this way so Bluray get dusted fast and get fry up. The others parts aren't in better condition.

I thought, great, for me buy thing that cost the same as monthly job pay here it's very problematic. For that price I want something that will work for years not one year and sayonara. My psp has 7 years and it work fine, my ps2 was with me for 5 years and I played really a lot in Xenosaga, KH, Tales of, FF and other games... I still could repair laser and play on it but quality of emulator at that time made me decide to let it die in this way.

I already was really worried about my ps3, I was clean dust everyday from it and hide it to box when I wasn't going to use it for few weeks so it won't get destroyed, worry to play, worry to not play.
    Should it be in this way? I wanna enjoy games, not worry that after year my expensive console will broke.
    I wanna buy ps3 because ps4 will probably won't let me to play ps3 games on it, but I'm pushed now to buy wthis s*** super slim console?
    You really lost in my eyes Sony.

Such a moment of such peace...
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Re: PS3 Super Slim wtf

Post by katimus_prime on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Our recent purchase of the PS3 kind of left us with the really slim, flimsy model as well. I wish we'd gotten one sooner. I think all the big console producers are scared as hell that they're no longer going to be making as many buckets of money as they used to, so they've been cutting costs left and right, but kept their price points the same. It's really terrible, actually. Sorry you gave up your decent PS3. :T Planned obsolecence is stupid.

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:26 am

Most of the people I've seen talk about it say the Super Slim has been fine for them. The only thing I've seen stated often is that it seems to run more loudly than the original Slim. And while the slide disc tray looks a little cheap, I actually find it a better idea so that you can get your game out if the console happens to screw up while a disc is in there. That said, I still have a regular Slim. *knocks on wood since it's headed for two years old*

However, I do think you should plan on any console never lasting more than a few years unless you're lucky. Everything is made so cheaply now, and it's done on purpose so that people need to buy new.

GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Urgh, the Super Slim. You mean the Super....faitastic!
    Well, basically, my brother had two, kept having stuttering issues in the two we had (supposedly HDD or blu-ray lense issues). Sent them both back to Amazon who tried their best not to refund us for them.
    In the end i told him to buy a Slim pre-owned and be happy at the auto-eject functionality. He never bothered buying another PS3

Basically the reason why we don't have PS3 games on PS4 natively how different the Cell Architecture of the PS3 is to the PS4's x86 architecture, very similar to PC's. Although they did hint at backwards compatibility through streaming from the cloud using Gedakia or something, that company they acquired a while back. But internet speed.

Odd, because the only console i have ever had die, was my PSOne, that died 6 months intro warranty. My N64, PSOne, PS2 Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy SP, DSLite DSi, still work to this day flawless. Almost all were close to launch purchases. I think its sceptical to thing they are built to fail. I think its a mixture of cheaper parts and the complexity of these devices sky-rocketing. Or in the case of the Super Slim, the compromises and cheap parts xD
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:02 pm

I was talking yesterday with friend about this Cloud games too. If all games from ps3 will be in it, will you be able to download game that came in japan in your europe psn, will it be cheaper if you already have this game on blu-ray disc?
    And I hope that ps4 will have better parts then this super slim one.

Such a moment of such peace...

GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm

They will be. Its just the Slim is a latch ditch effort by Sony to try and get more sales with a cheaper to make console. I think someone who made some of the components of the Slim went out of business as well!

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:20 pm

That last phrase of yours says it all in my opnion katimus,and I agree with the rest as well.I'm actually trying to get an used (but in good shape) ps3,to be honest because I can unblock it to play games via an external HD without being original games >.>

xenolion
    Jin's Mistress

Post by xenolion on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:36 pm

I have to laugh at this because I still have a PS3 fat model from BEFORE the removed the backwards compatibility. We put in a new hard drive so we have more room. I have to say the PS3 has to be my favorite console. It may be even more years before I get a PS4 unless I am forced to.

[size=85:ik9t5l63]Set by the respective artists not me (siggy by xenOraf Hee hee)

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 pm