Xeno Fannage!

Xeno in Real Life

Re: Xeno in Real Life

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Once, after a day of con-going, My sister and I looked up the Bible quotes that appear in Xenosaga, using one of those Bibles that pop up in hotel rooms????

(But really, Jenna and I find Xeno in practically anything and everything??)

Oh! And on the subject of AoT-- that Bert guy looks like Gaignun...??? But it really just serves to freak me out!? (I'm not an AoT fan-- maybe that's why? I dunno, but it unsettles and fascinates me for some reason. I usually just pretend that any fanart of him is fanart of Gaignun-- I like that bit!)
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:34 pm

I was linked this gif yesterday and it took me a few moments to realize it wasn't Ziggy and Sharon Rozas.

I am terribles.

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:37 pm

@katimus_prime wrote:I was linked this gif yesterday and it took me a few moments to realize it wasn't Ziggy and Sharon Rozas.

I am terribles.

*gross sobbing everywhere* If only~ T__T
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:52 am

Oh my god, that took me a few seconds too.  (I was all, "WHAT WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT INCREDIBLY HIGH-QUALITY PIED PIPER SCREENSHOT THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE oh wait")  Loading headcan(n)on: it's from the secret alternate twist ending where Jan beats Voyager and no one dies and everyone lives happily ever after ... IN VOYAGER'S MIND PRISON BECAUSE THEIR CONSCIOUSNESSES ARE TRAPPED THERE FOREVER AND EVER dun dun dunnnn THE END

@Quitebrilliant, the bible thing reminds me of when I was in college and some religious group was handing out those little pocket bibles on campus.  Pretty much the first thing I did was look up all the Revelation quotes. :33

(And yes, Xenosaga is secretly everything everywhere forever. *w* )

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 am

I was really enjoying that "secret ending"headcanon, until I got to the end and wHOA SUDDENLY IT WAS SAD ABORT ABORT ABORT
    That picture is great though, and I definitely did a double-take on it...

Speaking of double-takes! A tumblr friend found this in a textbook:

...I'm crying and I'm laughing. Jr. and Gaignun weren't always so stylish, I guess. ;D

oraf

Post by oraf on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:47 pm

my desktop terminal

Xenosaga lives on forever on my desktop!

Post by stitchedmoon on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:46 am

QuiteBrilliantIndeed wrote:I was really enjoying that "secret ending" headcanon, until I got to the end and wHOA SUDDENLY IT WAS SAD ABORT ABORT ABORT

ahAHAH yeah I think I headcanon'd that one a little too far.  D:

Speaking of double-takes! A tumblr friend found this in a textbook:

...I'm crying and I'm laughing. Jr. and Gaignun weren't always so stylish, I guess. ;D

OMG FLAWLESS.

I think I may have posted this on the old Sibb, but I found this book at the library and

in soviet space russia, world rejects you ahahaA NOPE I HATE MYSELF BYE

EDIT:  Also, I saw this in a five-dollar shop the other day and read it as Ziggy and Juli at first. owo

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

oraf

Post by oraf on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:19 am

^ oh my god! that's hilarious

Post by katimus_prime on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:37 pm

These are all so awesome!!!
    (Also, a very warm welcome back, oraf!!!)

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"

oraf

Post by oraf on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:53 pm

yo kat、thanks for the welcome. it's good to be back. xenosaga brings us people together. glad this place is here.

Post by Tehrin on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 pm

So I was looking at this figure drawing site. It would be good practice they said.

OH RUBEDO~

Voyager all up in here like

I just want to enjoy my eternal life along with you Jan~~
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:09 pm

AHAHAH OH GOD VOYAGER NO

At work we have something called "ES Mail."

I don't know what the ES stands for. :B

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 pm

All day, every day, this Cherenkov hair.

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Mon May 05, 2014 4:40 pm

The new Cosmos show, Episode 7, totally had a familiar voice in it. I didn't realize it until the credits were rolling that it was Michael McConnohie (Margulis's VA)! I totally thought it was Robert Stack instead. orz

Post by Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 1:23 am

That reminds me how badly I need to watch that. For science, and mow for Margulis as well, it seems!!!!!!!!

I was working in the swimsuit section of my store the other day, and I just took a picture of it.... and showed it to my sister, saying "look at all those tech points."

-w-

I also bought myself a pair of hot pink shorts, and completely feel 100% more badass strutting around in them!!!!
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Tue May 06, 2014 6:50 am

^ That is badass. <3  And I love when Xenosaga voice actors pop up in other things!  It supports the general theory that Xenosaga is secretly everything, and everything is a Xenosaga reference.

Working at my last few temp jobs, I used to see names on paperwork that reminded me of things in Xenosaga.  I can't elaborate on what they were because privacy and legal stuff, but it did make my work slightly less boring.

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

opkij

Post by opkij on Wed May 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Of course everything is Xeno! But I suppose my Xeno-collecting is as "real life" as it gets.
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Thu May 08, 2014 5:55 am

@katimus_prime wrote:All day, every day, this Cherenkov hair.

Speaking of the Commander's hairdo, I found this picture book a while ago and now I can't unsee redhead reverse-flopped Cherenkov winning all the medals.

Edit: there I fixed it

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yikari

Post by Yikari on Sat May 10, 2014 10:26 am

[youtube:26boqlju]jykMZV-DQz4[/youtube:26boqlju]

I've always read this track's subtitle as 'Ramsus' long before I knew who the dude was. Still kickass cover though.
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie on Sun May 11, 2014 2:58 pm

I've always read this track's subtitle as 'Ramsus' long before I knew who the dude was. Still kickass cover though.

This is from the OST of the anime "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex" (Season 1)  I love you
    Yikari

Post by Yikari on Mon May 12, 2014 3:53 pm

@Valkyrie wrote:

This is from the OST of the anime "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex" (Season 1)  I love you

Yeah. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the full version of this partucular cover on youtube. Not to say the vanilla track isn't fine, but I usually prefer to have my bitchin' tracks without vocals. Very Happy
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Thu May 15, 2014 1:19 pm

I've been seeing a lot of commercials for some big and tall clothing store for men, and it sounds like Michael McConnohie's voice is the narrator. I now picture Margulis running a big and tall clothing store...

Post by Yikari on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:02 am

I don't know if it counts for 'in real life', but I've found out about this awesome old game just yesterday

and could not unsee Ziggy in the badassery of this big blue killer robot ninja guy. That's just... pure  :pirate: in there.
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:44 am

^^^^^ Oh wow, can we just pretend that one of his earlier missions for the Federation Government involved going undercover as a ninja and beating up dudes? Because that would rule. :DDD

stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:04 pm

*bump*

So my husband was just watching the finale of this show called The Leftovers on HBO and, like, one of the female characters (Nora?) had sort of a Juli haircut (she had also lost her entire family, so that was a thing), but also, I'm pretty sure I saw a sign that said "WHY?" in the background of one of the scenes, and I just

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:18 pm