Xeno Fannage!

What Are You Playing Currently?

Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by Xernova on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Just got myself the new Tomb Raider game which was released yesterday. It even seems to be a special "limited edition" as it says on the cover and I didn't even pre-order it! ^^

Gonna start playing it right now, w00t!

<edit>

Finished the game's storyline. My opinion? Best new Tomb Raider game in ages! :]

Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:27 am

^I keep hearing how good it is. I'll have to rent it one of these days.

I purchased Atelier Ayesha. As with Meruru, I'm not really enjoying the plot and characters too much yet, but the gameplay is as addictive as always. However, I miss how in Meruru they would keep track of all of the sidequests through your journal. Now you practically have to remember all of the sidequests in order to get them done. But that's me whining for an otherwise fun game.

Post by chibi on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:00 am

I ended up buying and downloading Ayesha, too. As an aside, I will never download a game again since it took an entire day for it to finish.

Anyway, I haven't started it yet, but the art just drew me in with how pretty it looked. I'll probably give it a go sometime later today.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 pm

All of the games above,but playing more Oblivion and Castlevania SOTN (Konami Classics at xbox360).

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Too much games in the same time, Xeno1, Tactics ogre psp, radiant historia and...sailor moon another story xD

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm pouring endless hours into Disgaea 4 now that I'm post-game and can just power up endlessly. Such a dangerous time sink...! (Thank goodness for break from school!)

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 am

Got Persona 4: Arena a couple of weeks ago, and oh maaaaannnn...this game is fantastic! I wish I could've purchased this sooner.

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Thinking of replaying Xenosaga III but I'm really not sure... in the meantime: Diablo III and Castlevania Symphony of the Night as Maria \o/
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm

I just downloaded Osmos HD last night.  Was up until 3am playing it.  >_>

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:06 pm

@Jintoki wrote:^I keep hearing how good it is. I'll have to rent it one of these days.
    Good idea, it can be easily finished in 2-3 days (not even quite 2 days in my case, but I was playing pretty much non-stop ).

Well, I've got 100% completion in Tomb Raider's single player mode and *gasp* I even went out of my way to get some multiplayer trophies (and I normally stay away from multiplayer!). All that's left is "unlock all weapons & characters" and "reach lvl. 60" in the multiplayer mode. Which takes a very long time and is as boring as it sounds, so for the time being I'm moving on to another game.

I.e. back to Skyrim to finish the Dawnguard DLC. My Argonian vampire is well on its way to becoming a strong character, but my Dark Elf will have to wait a bit before I turn him into a werewolf; I wanna do the vampire quests first! `w´

<edit>

Lolz, I only just now noticed my copy of Tomb Raider has a code included which unlocks a bonus area. I'll check that out first... (how did I miss that?) xD

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:13 pm

N3 and Oblivion mostly.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 pm

I really did start another file at Xenosaga III \o/
    But I'm playing it much less often than I did with the previous files, so it's probably going to take an eternity for me to finish... I'm right after the first dungeon now.
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm still playing Atelier Ayesha. I'm enjoying it, but not quite as much as Meruru. But I was lucky enough to find a copy of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, so I've been really enjoying that.

Post by chibi on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Nothing at the moment, though I do plan on playing both Tales of Xillia (the first one, in Japanese) and Tales of Eternia once they arrive in the mail.  A guy I know from GameFAQs is being kind enough to allow me to borrow his copy of ToE, and I just love him for it. XD

See, there are good people at GF; they can just be a little tough to find.

As for Ayesha, I can't get into it.  The game feels like it has no true goal, at least so far, and I don't like that feeling.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Ayesha coming out is what's made me get back into the Atelier series. I'm playing Totori right now, since Rorona was the last one I played.

I've also been playing my Persona 3 challenge run, and I'm almost finished with it.
    GameFAQs, there are some very nice people, it's just hard to notice them considering 99% of the people there are insanely obnoxious.
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 am

^ Sadly those 99% people make sure I'll stay far, far away from that place. I once left a similar forum for the same reason (i.e. the majority of the community being "unpleasant"), despite having a few people on there who I really liked. But well, that forum no longer exists now either way...

Anyways, I'm still playing Skyrim. I'm done with the Vampire quests now and have started playing as a different character who I'll be using as a Werewolf instead. I plan to replay the Dawnguard story content using my Werewolf, except this time I'll join the anti-vampires faction. >:]

LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I was playing Persona 3, but it pissed me off so I started a file on the original Persona to play on for a while. XD I also picked up Star Ocean: The Last Hope and started it a little while ago.

Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:47 am

.: Hmmm..... currently playing many games right now.

Xenosaga 3- Yesterday I beaten 2 of the optional bosses. WOOHOO!!!!!

Scott Pilgrim vs. the world-- Trying to obtain everything as I possibly could as a SP fan <3

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

LolandTempleRun2 :.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:47 pm

I think I'll put XS3 on hold and restart Persona 4 instead. I've been meaning to replay P4 for some time now, while I've already replayed XS3 once \o/

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Zeal wrote:I think I'll put XS3 on hold and restart Persona 4 instead. I've been meaning to replay P4 for some time now, while I've already replayed XS3 once \o/

Both are amazing games.

Next time I play Persona 4 again, I'm probably gonna do a solo MC run. I was considering doing that in Persona 3, but Persona 3 is A LOT easier to do a solo run in, especially considering you get 999 HP and SP upon reaching level 99. I want some challenge in my challenge runs.

It'll be a while before I play Persona 4 again though, considering I just watched my sister play the whole game, assisting her with bosses and whatnot, so I'm a little burnt out on it right now.

Maybe I'll do a SMT III: Nocturne challenge run instead, but that's just suicide, since Nocturne is WAY harder than Persona 3 or 4.

Right now though, I'm practically finishing up my Persona 3 challenge run (just wrapping up the last block of Tartarus), and getting through Atelier Totori. I'm in the third year right now, sticking with my solid party of Totori, Mimi, and Sterk. Mimi is definitely my favorite character, I just love her sassy attitude. I'm actually surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game, since I thought Rorona was pretty average. This is definitely a huge upgrade.
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:50 pm

I've started Tales of Xillia (JP version), and I'll also be getting involved in Tales of Eternia come Monday or Tuesday. I feel like Tales of girl lately. XD

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Adrak wrote:Next time I play Persona 4 again, I'm probably gonna do a solo MC run. I was considering doing that in Persona 3, but Persona 3 is A LOT easier to do a solo run in, especially considering you get 999 HP and SP upon reaching level 99. I want some challenge in my challenge runs.

It must feel pretty rewarding to complete a challenge run like that \o/
    I don't do that with RPGs though, mostly because I usually have a hard enough time with the regular game, hahahaha
    (Specially Persona 3 T.T I thought it was way harder than 4 due to the random minibosses kicking my ass quite often.)
    But I like watching some videos of those runs sometimes.

I'm thinking of doing something of the sort with Castlevania SotN though. I used to finish it with the Crissaegrim sword, then later I finished it with the Alucard Sword instead. I'm thinking of trying it with some random awful equips now, and see how I'll do. I don't think I could beat it without any equipment, but I could try that too I guess since SotN doesn't take much time anyway.
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 am

Zeal wrote:It must feel pretty rewarding to complete a challenge run like that \o/
    I don't do that with RPGs though, mostly because I usually have a hard enough time with the regular game, hahahaha
    I've never done any challenge runs in RPGs either. If anything, I tend to go out of my way to get my team overpowered early on so I can make "über-saves" for replay purposes (once I've made those for a game, you'll never see me level-grinding for that game ever again). But that's normally for a 2nd playthrough, on my 1st playthrough I'm almost always badly underleveled.

With that said, I really should get back to Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP). I was making über-saves for that game too, but it got really boring after a while. However, it's been on hold for so long now, I should get back to it one of these days. Iirc I was about halfway through the game, right before the dungeon where (SPOILER!);

Spoiler:
    the showdown with Joker is supposed to happen, i.e. where you get to save Jun and add him to your party. (Jun aka yaoi-flower-boy )

Geez, by the time I finish Innocent Sin, they might actually reveal Persona 5...

LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:14 am

I got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity so I've been playing that off and on this weekend. I played a little bit on the original Persona the other night too and found that it had been counting playing hours even while my Vita was asleep so it says I have 144 hours on it. XDDD

Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:49 pm

@LadyTwi wrote:I played a little bit on the original Persona the other night too and found that it had been counting playing hours even while my Vita was asleep so it says I have 144 hours on it. XDDD
    That game has so many "guide dang it" moments that you're likely to miss a bunch of stuff on your first playthrough (possibly even the good ending). I see in your sig you've found Mark and Brown; this is actually a great example, because by recruiting Brown you've already missed your chance to recruit a more important character instead ("more important" for spoilerific reasons).

I spent about a year on the PSP version of Persona 1 for both the main quest and the SnoW Queen quest. But then again, I was making über-saves for that game as well (mission complete!).  Laughing

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 pm