Xeno Fannage!

What Are You Playing Currently?

chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by chibi on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Since I found my way back yet again, I may as well post that I've discovered a fatal weakness for otome games.  Like Hakuoki, which is where I found my current obsession, Yusa Koji.  I'm in luck, though, since there are three of them coming out on Vita this year, so I'm going to be set.

Yes, I am sad.  Sue me.

Post by RadicalDreamer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Replaying Okami. I watched someone break and beat the game in less than 2 hours on Youtube (it's... fun to watch). Then, one of the guys said he recorded an entire playthrough with someone explaining the japanese mythology (real interesting, since I don't know japanese very much, some meaningful naming were lost on me). Which really made me want to replay the game (I also rewatched The Tale of Princess Kaguya... so there is that too). But I need no excuse really because it's one of my favorite games ever.
    Apparently, Issun means "one inch"... which is funny considered how he likes to call himself.
    I just noticed that Amaterasu is shown as a mere wolf to the grandpa at the beginning of the game. I was aware that people see her as a mere dog/wolf... I just never noticed that we briefly see Ama as a white dog/wolf (without the red marks and weapons) through the old man's eyes at the start.
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Some of my coworkers put in to get me a PS4 2 months ago and I've been playing more FFXIV than is probably healthy. I got to level 20 on my Thaumaturge before getting 100% distracted and started cross-classing and crafting instead of completing the main story quests.

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Project X Zone, which has been somewhat of a battle of attrition. I like its quirkiness, throwing in so many characters and references from various game franchises, but I was tired of the repetitive gameplay less than halfway through it (I didn't get KOS-MOS until halfway through the game). I have about 5 or so chapters left (I'm just about at 60 hours), but I wish the game was either half the length or had more variety. Hopefully the sequel will fix that.

I've also been playing the heck out of Atelier Shallie, but I ran into a game freezing glitch, and my internet isn't good enough to download the patch, so... Sad

Post by stitchedmoon on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:41 am

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel.  Mainly so I could play as the one DLC character who's like Rarity from MLP fused with the Ice Queen. eue

Sororicide

Post by Sororicide on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:24 am

Ive mostly been playing Dark Souls II pvp and I started up Star Ocean the Last Hope again ( never finished) But all that is really filler cause Onechanbara comes out tomorrow ! Very Happy

Post by opkij on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:04 pm

I FINALLY beat Dragon Quest 6 and can now fully concentrate on Wild Arms 4. I like it so far, I especially like that it has some platform elements mixed in!
    Sororicide

Post by Sororicide on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:18 pm

@opkij wrote:I FINALLY beat Dragon Quest 6 and can now fully concentrate on Wild Arms 4. I like it so far, I especially like that it has some platform elements mixed in!

Platforming?
    That is something I really want to see more of in rpgs

Post by opkij on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Yes, it's always fun to mix genres, That's one of many reasons why I always liked Valkyrie Profile, the platforming. Nier is another favorite that also includes some platforming and even shooter elements, hehe.
    Yikari

Post by Yikari on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:55 am

I've happened to try out Rocket League a couple of days ago. I gotta say it's an awesome game, highly recommend everybody to get a look at it.
    Sororicide

Post by Sororicide on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:11 pm

@Yikari wrote:I've happened to try out Rocket League a couple of days ago. I gotta say it's an awesome game, highly recommend everybody to get a look at it.

Thats free for ps + isnt it, looked kinda gimmicky but people saying its good guess I should dl it :s

Post by Jintoki on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:32 pm

I preordered Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, so I borrowed the HD collection from a friend in order to play Peace Walker (never really played it before but from a little bit on a friend's PSP). My goodness, I love that game. MGS4 ruined the series a little for me, but Peace Walker rekindled the flame in my heart. Now I've been eating and breathing MGS ever since. I just finished playing MGS3DS a friend loaned me, which was nice to have on the go but the controls were a bit unprecise, especially if you use the New 3DS nub. I don't own Portable Ops, so I watched the cutscenes online. Now I need to replay Ground Zeroes one last time before The Phantom Pain drops next week, which I reserved two days off from work to play (don't judge me...or if you do, just keep it to yourself).

Post by Shizukesa on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:02 pm

i really should finish thor.

Post by Jintoki on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:06 pm

MGSV: The Phantom Pain is my life now. I've played 60 hours and I'm only about 40% through the game.

Post by Shizukesa on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:47 pm

been thinking i should play these but i dunno if all my games still work.

Post by stitchedmoon on Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Undertale was the last game I really got into, and that was last year. D:  (My attention span has no setting between "weeks-long obsession" and "goldfish memory," apparently.)  I did kinda half-watch my husband playing Hyper Light Drifter and kind of want to try it myself, at some point.  The art and music are neat.

And I know Neko Atsume probably doesn't qualify as a game, but I'm having fun with it anyway.  It's good for my anxieties to have something to check on that isn't social media shenanigans. :P

RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Xenogears
    Chrono Trigger
    Persona 3

CT is as enjoyable as ever (it really is a timeless game, pun non intended but fitting to a T), Xenogears feels very rough (coming back playing Xenoblade and other modernish user friendly/polished games) but I still discover new things and it's great (about to fight Ramsus in Bledavik's castle) and I'm trying to max all the social links in one go with vanilla Persona 3 (I also discovered that the game has a description page for personas in the compedium... never noticed it before). I'll probably play Persona 4 next... as I'm really anticipating Persona 5. I really think it's going to be the best jRPG of the last few years (well... my ultimate favorite at least).

I hope Atlus won't disappoint. But I do not worry. I loved P4 better than P3 and I expect the same thing to happen with P5 (it's really strange how I feel a bit removed from the Persona fandom though... and yet Persona is the one jRPG series I completely trust without question nowadays... when it came to FF and Xeno, I took/take part in discussions, strongly identified as a fan and still make fanarts... but I barely do this with Persona... heck I have more patience waiting for the release than I did for Xenoblade X *the last months before the release filled me with hype... though the hype fell down hard after the reviews came out... I still would like to play it if the occasion was to present itself but it's impossible for now*... maybe because I have a sereine confidence towards it... I dunno).
    chaos

Post by chaos on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Currently playing Pokemon Yellow,
    Deadly Premonition,
    Persona 2,
    Radiant Historia among others I dont play as often.

Have a huge list of games to play that I doubt il ever get round to playing unfortunately.

Backlog is too real.

Doubt i'll ever play anything as good as good as FF7, Xenogears or Saga ever again though which makes me sad...

RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Final Fantasy 12 and Persona 3. Trying to distract myself from my health problems.
    So, FF12... I only managed to finish this game once when it first came out. But last year, I was finally having a bit of fun replaying it. But then, I stopped because I had to leave for one month... and when I got back to the game (Miriam Temple), I was lost and kept getting killed in the temple (to be fair, it's a rough place when you're not overleveled). I started a new run recently and now, I'm struggling in the feywoods (those behemoths damn). I think I'm getting a bit tired of the game right about now (but I'll finish it... ultimatelly)... so I switched to my current Persona 3 file (but I'm not doing much better there... I'll have to do quite a bit of training in Tartarus... and where is this damn shadow shard?).
    Killer64

Post by Killer64 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm currently working on my list of video games I attempted at some point in my life but for one reason or another never finished. The games I am currently working on right now are:

Valkyrie Profile
    Zelda A Link to the Past
    Tomb Raider II
    Final Fantasy I (PS1 Origins collection)
    Final Fantasy III (NES original)
    Parasite Eve
    Xenoblade Chronicles

The past few days I've been putting time into Valkyrie Profile and I'm on chapter 6 on track to get the good ending on hard mode so for my first run through the game I've been doing what I shouldn't be able to do. So far, it doesn't have as much emotional weight on me as the Xeno, Chrono and Suikoden games do since you spend the entire game recruiting dead people for your army but it's definitely one of the most unique and interesting games I have ever played. Highly recommended if you're tired of the standard JRPG formula and looking for something with a huge twist on the JRPG formula.
    Shizukesa

Post by Shizukesa on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 am

I don't play any more.

Post by RadicalDreamer on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:56 am

Playing Persona 3 and got myself into FF Record Keeper on mobile (pretty fun for a free mobile game... it also makes me want to go back to job class FF entries... so FF3, 5, Tactics... and i wouldn't mind finding a cheap FF10-2 copy either)... while looking enviously at all the new interesting games that are coming out lately (new Zelda, Horizon, new Torment game, new Nier game... and it's far from over... oh no) and can't currently afford (except for Persona 5, since it was originally meant to be my birthday present and I don't need to buy a new console to play it... then the release date got pushed back... AGAIN).
    opkij

Post by opkij on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:39 pm

@Shizukesa wrote:I don't play any more.

Oh no! Is there a specific reason? I more or less stopped playing games around 2011-2012 since I thought
    no good games were being made at the moment. Luckily I found my way to all the good indie games and my
    hope for modern games was born again.

And speaking of that, I will probably change my top 10 list for the first time since Xenosaga, Nier Automata
    is all that I can think of at the moment. It really is amazing!
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:55 pm

Hrm, well, my unsolicited 2 cents is that I haven't been playing much these days because my attention span kicked the bucket way back in college, and I tend to prefer older games, but I think if I could focus on anything for more than 30 seconds, there are a lot of indie-type games that I'd want to get into.  Someday, when my brain stops acting like a golden retriever at a squirrel farm. ;P

Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:18 pm

We (my husband and I) are playing Xenogears again! Enjoying it so so much. Even more than I did before now that I've leafed through Perfect Works and actually kind of understand the plot.

Also, I'm playing FF14 again and have been for a few months. Excited for Stormblood! Basically though, right now, I'm grinding my Summoner's Anima Weapon as I wait, which is really long-winded, grindy, and kind of annoying. But it looks cool. It's a book with dragon wings coming out of it. How can I say no to that?

Shion 1   Deviantart | Twitter   Miyuki

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 pm