Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+25
Sororicide
stitchedmoon
Shizukesa
XenoForever07
Jessi
Yikari
opkij
mysticnocturne
Kimia
RED ODA
BlueMetal
GoldeneyeDS
Neosmith
kare_reiko
Monstrocker
chibi
JerriLeah7
Jintoki
salut hurricane
HikariKuragari
Xernova
xenolion
TheMagician
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
29 posters

What Are You Playing Currently?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by katimus_prime Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Still plugging along in FF6. I'm wheedling on whether to level everyone to OP status while I still have the Sealed Cave to grind XP and Magic Learnsings, but with the pre-WOR espers, is it worth it to waste levels like that?

I also picked up and have mostly finished the first 10 levels of Witch and Hero for the 3DS. Why aren't there more games like this out in the marketplace? I can't find the original Dragon Warrior games, so I guess I'll just have to punch my phone's emulator app until it works.

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 12 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:09 pm

A couple of classics for me, Goldeneye 007 on the N64 and Warcraft II on the PC. Thinking of doing FF7 for probably the first time in at least 5 years once I'm done with them.
    RED ODA
    RED ODA

Post by RED ODA Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I was forced to stop my FFX optional stuff playthrough because both my PS2s started to scratch my discs. Right now I'm playing Ninety Nine Nights 2 and Lost Odyssey.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 pm

My husband started playing Starbound, and I started picking it up at lunch at work now. I was sad because they did a character wipe in between when I started this morning and lunch, but I can rebuild anew. *w*
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I finished Ghost Trick! Oh man the feels. /falls over

I think I'll be playing Radiant Historia next~
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I just started Ninety Nine Nights--I've never beaten it before, so this will be interesting, I hope. =) I just hope I can unlock all the characters asap!
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:57 pm

I'd fall into black hole caled KH chi online, it stole my free time in last two months...
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 pm

I finally own a PS3. So, I got to start playing :

- Skyrim (Legendary Edition) : and hoping that I won't get sick of it too soon. I wanted to try a well known wRPG and I don't expect the same experience I generally always got from jRPGs. So far, I like the random things that can happen in it, the scope of Skyrim, the worldbuilding... but the dungeons look so similar to each other and people who feel like they accomplished nothing at the end of the game worry me a bit (I kinda see what they mean, like when I killed a NPC by accident and her wife sent thugs to kill me... but when I came back to her house, she talked to me like nothing ever happened). Well, at worst, I can always sell the game... and I may just do that even if I still like it in the end, because this game wasn't made for consoles (my computer would never be able to run the game, that's why I went "oh well, let's try this on PS3 for now"). I plan to play the archer type, with some thief and alchemist thown in (but when hell break lose, I tend to go "screw this" and pick a warhammer). The problem with those kinda games is that... I'm used to max my characters as much as I can. It's a bit hard to stay focused on a few types or just one.

- Assassin's Creed 4 : Black Flag : it's kinda fun. But now, I'm in a city and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Does this game have sidequests or do I have to mostly follow the main plot ? It's weird, I can't speak to NPCs and I have no idea how to resume the main plot.

- The Last of US : I'm a bit stucked too (not used to shooters, I'm afraid... still, this one is the clever kind, unlike Bioshock Infinite) but that introduction almost made me cry (kinda expected it because
    Spoiler:
    ). I want to now what happens next but I get my ass kicked everytime (I kinda feel like
    Spoiler:
    for now lol). Oh, yeah and I totally play with the english version/dub because Troy Baker  :cool2: . I'll check the french version another time.

- Portal : my sister offered me the PC version for Christmas. It's so much fun. So going to get Portal 2 one of these days. I just have a problem with the resolution. The screen is like, pushed to the left, so much that it's a bit difficult to navigate the main menu (basically, the "quit" option, among others, is completely hidden and it's a bit annoying).

Last edited by 125 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:53 pm

I ordered Kamen Rider Battride War from Japan, which finally arrived. Sure, it's pretty much Dynasty Warrior with Kamen Riders, but I thought it looked amusing.

And I finished playing The Novelist, an interesting indie game about family values and compromise. Also, I've been playing Trails in the Sky on my Vita when I'm out and about.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 am

Apparently, I've had Pokemon Emerald sitting amongst the 'hopefully gonna play through it someday' pile without me being the wiser. I've started it up and was pleasantly surprised. The grind can get somewhat tiring at times, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives in this case.

One thing I've definitely liked is how your character's rival is no longer a "MWA-HA-HA! I'm a douchebag extraordinaire!" walking cliche. I don't know if the text differs significantly if you choose to play as the other option, but when May gets to be the rival, she comes off as a polite, excited, helpful, competitive and generally upbeat chatterbox. I can't describe with words the sheer sense of relief I've felt when I realised the main character's friend person doesn't need the sarcastic quotation marks around the term anymore.

Oh, and there are quite a few mons from the previous two generation games mixed in with the new ones - unlike what I can remember of Gold/Silver/Crystal - and a good deal of them were dragged out of the useless pile. Always wanted to play with a Geodude without feeling like I was intentionally gimping myself. Very Happy
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 pm

I've hit a wall in Starbound. Every time I use a distress beacon to fight the penguins, my client wigs out. It might be me being a completely terrible PC gamer with my button mash reflexes, and I wonder if it might even be my computer not being good enough.
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:44 am

Just Resident Evil lately, whether its 6 or Revelations. Smile
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 am

I'm suddenly juggling 3 RPGs on my Vita: Growlanser IV (which I FINALLY got farther on after months of being stuck), Trails in the Sky, and Atelier Totori. I really wanted to get an Atelier game for my Vita, but the fact that Tecmo Koei only released them here digitally made me a little hesitant, but I decided to give it a shot. And I'm hoping to get my preordered copy of Danganronpa soon, so being a Vita doesn't look quite as bad as it used to.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:36 am

I got invited to a private Starbound server run by some friends at work. :D Being able to hand my hand-me-downs down to my friends is awesome and makes me feel like a better human being in general.

At night, I've been firing up ye olde NES Emulator and have been powering through the first Dragon Warrior game again.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 am

Hawken is getting ready for the Steam release sometime soon, if anyone's interested. I've got to play a little bit during beta and was pleasantly surprised with what they have going there.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:36 pm

I am in love with Danganronpa. Seriously, it's one of my favorite games on the Vita right now. If you have a Vita, I highly recommend you get it. And if you don't have a Vita, I would suggest watching the anime, but I haven't given it a watch yet.
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:46 am

Since I've finished Alundra 1, I started playing Xenosaga Episode I and Thousand Arms Very Happy

Emragurd so oldie games I've played dsnikjsfbsdh
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Inustice: Gods Among Us. All I've been doing is fighting! :biggrin2:
    RED ODA
    RED ODA

Post by RED ODA Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm playing Magna Carta 2 Japanese version and I'm loving the Japanese voices, not that the English voices are bad, but the Japanese voices are always superb. I'm also playing;

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow ;

Getting 100%, love 2D Castlvania games with RPG like style.
    Castlevania portrait of Ruin : Same as above
    Ninety-Nine Nights 2 ;

Luckily I found a Japanese player who helped me to get the online stuff. Its region locked for online mode....
    Gears of War 3 ;

I'm a little prejudiced about FPS/TPS games, but it came with the console and I decided to give it a try.
    Kimia

Post by Kimia Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Right now I'm playing Pokemon Yellow on my ancient Gameboy Color.

...It turns out that I've gotten better rather than worse at this game (probably cause I've already shoved the yellow rat into the storage box... HA).

(AND OOOOH, this was my 777th post!)
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 am

I bought and beat Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes...bah, I'm so full of regret right now.  I saw the short game time coming, but I caved in anyway.  I think I wouldn't feel so bad if it was maybe $10 to $15 cheaper.  I still enjoyed my time with it, though.

That and I've been playing Atelier Escha and Logy.  I <3 Atelier games.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Jintoki wrote:I bought and beat Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes...bah, I'm so full of regret right now.  I saw the short game time coming, but I caved in anyway.  I think I wouldn't feel so bad if it was maybe $10 to $15 cheaper.  I still enjoyed my time with it, though.
    I bought Ground Zeroes from PSN; the digital version is cheaper (only €20 compared to €30 for the on-disc version).

And that's what I've been playing the last few days (Ground Zeroes, that is). It actually lasted longer than I expected. Then again, I went for getting all the trophies + 100% completion rate (the in-game completion percentage, I mean, which requires more than the 100% completion trophy-wise). The only thing I didn't do was completing all the trials, mainly because most of 'em are boring and the one for the shooter mission aboard the chopper goes beyond my skills (taking out every enemy with just the stun gun = near-impossible, at least for me). So glad you don't have to do that one for any trophies nor for the completion percentage. ^^

So yeah, the game has kept me busy for a while, longer than I thought it would.
    But I agree, even the €20 price for the digital version seems a bit much. I personally think it shouldn't have been more than €10, really.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:44 pm

^Very true. And I still need to collect all of the patches to unlock the deja vu mission, so I suppose there is that. I challenged myself to play through the Ground Zeroes mission again last night without killing anyone and rescuing all of the refugees. I was really hurting for tranq ammo by the end of it (probably because I'm a bad shot and just bad at the game in general).
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 am

^ If you run out of ammo, the game gives you back a little bit of ammo when restarting a checkpoint (of course, that reduces your total score, but you can afford a few retries and still get the highest rank).  :2thumbs:

As for me, I have finally -at long last- started replaying...
    *drum roll*
    ...Xenogears!

And this time, for the very first time, I'm actually playing it on a console (PS3) and not on an emulator. No more savestating through Babel Tower's jumping sections;

I'm going for the full challenge this time... D:

I'm currently at the part where you have to
    Spoiler:
    and Fei, Bart and Citan have already got all their 6 AP Deathblows at 100%. Mostly because I've been busy farming money to buy that ridiculously expensive Double Ether. But I really need to get at least one, because I plan to

Spoiler:
    on disc 2. *gulp*  :dead3:
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:20 pm

I've got my hands on a copy of FTL recently and holieee sh*t this game is rad. If any of you folks didn't try it yet, I suggest you get a look for yourselves even if only through youtube.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am