Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+25
Sororicide
stitchedmoon
Shizukesa
XenoForever07
Jessi
Yikari
opkij
mysticnocturne
Kimia
RED ODA
BlueMetal
GoldeneyeDS
Neosmith
kare_reiko
Monstrocker
chibi
JerriLeah7
Jintoki
salut hurricane
HikariKuragari
Xernova
xenolion
TheMagician
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
29 posters

What Are You Playing Currently?

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 10 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:32 am

Dragons dogma and minecraft,both xbox360 versions.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 10 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by katimus_prime Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Oddly enough, Neo, for as much as I loved the first one, I've never played any of the sequels. I do intend to, though, just for posterity's sake. Vagrant Story has the same kind of OMG CUSTOMIZATION and wire frame attack radius swag, but both game's main stories are just so short.

And man, I totally thought PE was based on the japanese book, tho. orz
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:30 am

Still fooling around before finishing Xillia. XD I also decided to pick up where I left off on Tales of Innocence back in... oh geez was it really 2010? I somehow remembered most everything that happened, go me.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 am

Almost got Parasite Eve beaten except for the ending. I keep losing the final chase scene and it's killin' me. XD
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 pm

The first two Parasite Eve games are great. Even though the second one is kind of a Resident Evil clone, I still enjoyed it. I agree, the third one was a bit of an atrocity. btw, the Parasite Eve novel is actually really good. The first game is loosely based on it (I think they briefly mention the events from the book in the first game, but the setting and characters are completely different).

But yeah, still playing Tales of Xillia.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:06 am

Yeah, Maeda recounts a similar event that occured in Japan during PE1. I'm actually a little bit leary of PE2 sounding like it's an action shooter. Is the turn-based strategic range bubble gone? I wish I could rent a game to see. It's probably cheap enough that it wouldn't really matter, but still.

I finally ran away from THE THING. Now I'm gunna grab at the Crysler Building.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 pm

^Yeah. Basically, PE2 is like RE2, if you had the ability to cast parasite energy (which to me is cool, but I can understand why some people probably hate it). That and there are some genuine moments in PE2 that freaked me the heck out, and not the usual jump scares. I know PE1 is on the PSN, but I can't recall if PE2 is or not...
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 am

I have PE for the PSP, just never got around to playing it. Also the intro confused me xD Need to play the first 2 by the sound of it.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

For now I'm playing KH: Days and trying to get one more trophy in KH Re:Coded to unlock secret movie. I think I will replay ps3 ver of Re:Chain of Memories since I only played it once, few years ago, only in japanese.

I wish to replay Tales of Destiny 2 on my psp - it's left alone again after I got 100% in Crisis Core and that's my only console for now XD.
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 pm

You poor think Kare. 358/boredom is such a tedious game Sad

I'm currently nursing my AC addiction and playing Xenosaga II
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 am

Nah, I like KH:Days, I think story is the best (after KH2) of all KH games. I like how they show how Roxas, Axel and Xion friendship and all was shown. Missions maybe not so amazing, few are very annoying but still I like this part. I can't complain on any gameplay in KH games, well, maybe CoM was most annoying with breaking of cards but rest was very nice. Even Re:coded wasn't so bad, story was idiotic but rest isn't so bad.

Coming back to "Days", it's sad that in movie remake they didn't include any fight and they cut many ingame cutscenes.

I wish to play in KH:DDD but I need to wait when my friend will come to family house in Poland (he live in England) and lend me his 3DS. It's only KH game I didn't play.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 am

This past week I finished both Danganronpa and Tales of Innocence! Both were pretty enjoyable. :3

I never got to finish Xillia yet because my sister has field school and she forbids me to finish it without her. |D I have decided to give Tales of the Tempest a try, since there's a patch out for it. I know a lot of people say it's terrible, but I've also seen some say that it's oddly charming so I'd like to see how I'm gonna like it. I've never outright hated a game, I usually go somewhere between absolutely love to apathetic, so we'll see.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:59 am

LadyTwi wrote:This past week I finished both Danganronpa and Tales of Innocence! Both were pretty enjoyable. :3

I never got to finish Xillia yet because my sister has field school and she forbids me to finish it without her. |D I have decided to give Tales of the Tempest a try, since there's a patch out for it. I know a lot of people say it's terrible, but I've also seen some say that it's oddly charming so I'd like to see how I'm gonna like it. I've never outright hated a game, I usually go somewhere between absolutely love to apathetic, so we'll see.

It's patch that make it fully in english? If yeah, can you give me tips where I can find it? I didn't play ToT because it worked bad on my old computer, if there is english patch I might give it a try.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 am

There is indeed an English patch! You can find it right here: http://a0t.co/tempest/download-v1-0/

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Infinite undiscovery,minecraft and shining force neo!
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:17 pm

kare_reiko wrote:Nah, I like KH:Days, I think story is the best (after KH2) of all KH games. I like how they show how Roxas, Axel and Xion friendship and all was shown. Missions maybe not so amazing, few are very annoying but still I like this part. I can't complain on any gameplay in KH games, well, maybe CoM was most annoying with breaking of cards but rest was very nice. Even Re:coded wasn't so bad, story was idiotic but rest isn't so bad.

Coming back to "Days", it's sad that in movie remake they didn't include any fight and they cut many ingame cutscenes.

I wish to play in KH:DDD but I need to wait when my friend will come to family house in Poland (he live in England) and lend me his 3DS. It's only KH game I didn't play.

Don't get me wrong, i love Roxas and the rest, its just the game is very dull. Go here, defeat 3 heartless, go there defeat 50, come back here defeat 3, rinse and repeat until cutscene.
    The story, if told better and paced better had the potential to be very sad, as it was more a personal story than THE WORLDS GONNA END, MOOOOOVE, like the rest.
    RE:Coded had better gameplay by far! Combine the two though...

Yeah the Days move was lazy, and gave them the change to fix the story telling. BUT BUT, they did orchestrate Vector to the Heavens which is like sex to my ears.

DDD is the closest game to KHII we've had, and its fantastic, doesnt fall into the trap of KHII in the PoTC world by not using the actual actors (unlike the Tron world). Soososos good.
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Dokapon Kingdom
    Resident Evil 6 (Yet again...)
    OH AND The Last of Us
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 am

From what I hear about 3rd Birthday, it's such a far departure from the rest of the Parasite Eve narrative that the fact that it's not even in the title is appropriate. I want to eventually get it and PE 2 just for completion's sake, tho.

I'm back on my run through the Chrysler Building. Not sure if I'm stuck on the Roach boss because I'm scared of them or the fact that I might be walking into the fight underpowered. (Little from column A, little from column B?)

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:48 pm

A bit of each one:

Infinite Undisovery,Minecraft,GTA5,Dragon's Dogma,Skyrim (dlcs yay).
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:12 pm

katimus_prime wrote:From what I hear about 3rd Birthday, it's such a far departure from the rest of the Parasite Eve narrative that the fact that it's not even in the title is appropriate. I want to eventually get it and PE 2 just for completion's sake, tho.
    I'll give Third Birthday this:  the gameplay is pretty fun and the music is good as well.  Then again, I've heard some people hate PE2 but I love it.  XD

A friend coaxed me into getting Cytus on my Vita.  I'm not one for rhythm games normally, but the music is good and I have a reason to play my Vita now.  XD  Of course, I'm still playing Tales of Xillia as well, though mostly on weekends.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 pm

The one thing I am noticing with Square's PSP titles is that they are quite enjoyable gameplay-wise, if not repetitive (Crisis Core). I'm gunna hunt down some PE2 vids just to see if it's the kind of game I think I'd fare well in.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Secret of Mana 2 (SD3) and Pokemon Heartgold. I'm thinking of picking up Tactics Advance again to roll through some Ivalician wonder because it's just awesome. Though right now I have this huge urge to play Tactics Ogre but I have no psp at the moment :I

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm working steadily away at Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

(Plus ACNL...)
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:29 am

I haven't been playing games like I was over the summer because of university, however I've been playing Blaze Union, Apollo Justice, and Fire Emblem: Awakening off and on (mainly the latter lately).

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Still with Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen and GTA5 mainly,but going to play a bit the other soon too hopefully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am