Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+25
Sororicide
stitchedmoon
Shizukesa
XenoForever07
Jessi
Yikari
opkij
mysticnocturne
Kimia
RED ODA
BlueMetal
GoldeneyeDS
Neosmith
kare_reiko
Monstrocker
chibi
JerriLeah7
Jintoki
salut hurricane
HikariKuragari
Xernova
xenolion
TheMagician
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
29 posters

What Are You Playing Currently?

chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 9 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by chibi Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Argh, Hearts is here now, and I cannot split time between games. It ends up making me too confused as to what is going on in each of them. So I'm thinking I'll try out Hearts and see how I like it. If I enjoy it, I'll finish that one up and then go back to IX. I can't help it - I'm a Tales of girl! :greenjump:
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 9 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by LadyTwi Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Jintoki wrote:Well, I beat The Last of Us.  
    Spoiler:
     Great game.  I would really like to play through it again.

While I really enjoyed The Last of Us (I didn't play it, mind you, just watched it on Youtube), the ending felt a little weird to me. My sister came up with something that would've been cool, I think.
    Spoiler:
    Idk. XD

chibi wrote:Argh, Hearts is here now, and I cannot split time between games. It ends up making me too confused as to what is going on in each of them. So I'm thinking I'll try out Hearts and see how I like it.

I played that game up until Grim Mountain and dropped it, for whatever reason. I remember enjoying it quite a bit and now you've reminded me to get back to it now. XD

katimus_prime wrote:Still plugging at Disgaea. Story-wise I'm at chapter 7, but I just hit 40 hours on it. A lot of it is me choosing to transmigrate my best characters over and over and things keep unlocking and I. Can't. Stop.

Heeeeee those games are black holes that just suck in all your time without you even noticing.

-------------

I haven't really been playing games much lately. I did a little bit on Danganronpa and I fell asleep while playing Devil Survivor last night. I bought Code of Princess the other day and I'll probably start that soon. I'm thinking about picking up Shin Megami Tensei IV, maybe not when it first comes out, but at some point this summer probably.
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Happy to hear I reminded you, LadyTwi. Smile

I've been playing Hearts, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.  Now my DS is charging, so I've got to wait for a little bit.  I'm also in the process of downloading Alice: Madness Returns since it was on sale with PSN.  If I don't like it, it will have only been 7.99 lost.  I can deal with that. Razz
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm not too much of a PC gamer, but I broke down and bought Recettear, KOTOR II, and Bastion as part of the Steam Summer Sale. Holy crap, Recettear is so addictive. It reminds of Atelier in some strange way...but quirkier.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:10 pm

I hit 58 hours on Disgaea last night. Still awesome, still funny, still don't know how I ended up with a Sage that was more powerful than Laharl, but whatevs. I don't remember if I didn't put story characters on the disused list in FFT, but I must not be building Flonne or Etna right, because I'm really not interested in continuing to use either of them. orz

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:34 am

I got this Tomb Raider collection for the ps3 a few weeks ago. I've been playing it since.

Lara's death animations omfg funniest things ever.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 am

After getting two endings of Devil Survivor, I decided to give Devil Survivor 2 a whirl. I love Joe. XD

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42 am

LadyTwi wrote:After getting two endings of Devil Survivor, I decided to give Devil Survivor 2 a whirl. I love Joe. XD
    Joe is amazing. My favorite will always be Anguished One though. ^^
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:36 pm

After reading more FAQs on how to Disgaea, I find myself at least ten levels behind and completely crippled when I'm forced not to use magic.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:03 am

^ Sounds like you need to spend some time in Item World!

I decided to put Disgaea 3 back on my Vita (I'd taken it off after I beat it to make room for other things since I bought the digital version and I also have the PS3 version) and apparently I'd done some level grinding, though I don't remember it. XD Most of the storyline folks are over level 100 and Mao's at level 174, and Master Big Star's name was changed to Master Bigster. Must be some sort of post game story but I have no recollection of it.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:51 am

^ Aw man, I kinda despise the item world, tho. T_T Seems like it'd be worth it, though. It's just a little tedious. Though probably not as tedious as playing the same maps with 100% Exp gain squares on them over and over.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:59 pm

I'm playing Pokemon Blue (and Red to the side so I can exchange pokemons to myself). I started using my GBA but then my last batteries quickly gave up and I decided to use an emulator and play the game on PC to avoid further annoyance. Actually, I was playing the Yellow version at first but I realized that maybe this version was kinda cheep so I switched to the original versions. I must have bought it because I was a total Pokemon fangirl back in the days (I even had the Tamagochi Pikachu thingie... the one that worked kind of like a pedometer). Nowadays, I would consider it a waste of money.
    I enjoy giving them silly names  :laugh4: . I don't know why I'm replaying it now but I'm having fun. Oh well, maybe this comic sums it up quite well in the end : http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=032910
    I never played the other versions. I get the feeling the franchise never "evolved" much... besides creating some ugly new monsters (which is meant to happen when you're forced to come up with tons of new/different designs). My sister bought a more recent Pokemon game on DS a while ago. Maybe I should try it and see for myself.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:18 am

katimus_prime wrote:^ Aw man, I kinda despise the item world, tho.  T_T  Seems like it'd be worth it, though.  It's just a little tedious.  Though probably not as tedious as playing the same maps with 100% Exp gain squares on them over and over.

The Item World is pretty tedious. :c I think I've done it enough in all the games that I've just gotten used to it. At least you get some pretty sweet levelled up items! I know I had a few maps I liked to train on in the first game, but for the life of me I don't remember what they were. DX

Lessee, on my end I've made it to the 5th day on Devil Survivor 2! I hate how the storyline battles have enemies several levels higher than me but the free battles are impossible to get any experience from because the enemies are ten levels lower. =/ Also I'm getting folks to level 250 on Disgaea 3 and doing some of Raspberyl's mode.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:51 am

Been playing RE6 a lot trying to unlock the alternate costumes. I only got Pirate Leon and Hot-cop Helena
    I need samurai Chris and thuglife Jake ;_;
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 am

I've been busy playing Tales of Destiny Director's Cut and Tales of Destiny 2 (the real one, not Eternia as it was named outside Japan.) Decided to go for Swap Magic, and when it isn't giving me a tough time, I love it. ToDDC is an awesome, awesome game. Stahn is lots of fun to play as, and the battle system is just pure love, even on a 2D scale. I had to set Hearts aside for now, since I tend to handheld game in drips and drabs. XD

Oh, and Xillia comes out in English on Tue., so I'll be picking that up and playing it eventually.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:22 pm

I was out shopping yesterday and I wandered into a game shop. I found Psychonauts at 1,99 euros. And I decided to buy Tomb Raider Legend too at 9 euros. And then, I learned all the games were put on sales that day. Which means I bought them both even cheaper. That was niiicee.

ANYWAY, Psychonauts is AWESOME ! But then again, this is a Tim Schafer game  :pleased: . It's a really funny and creative adventure game. I really love the different levels you have to play (last level I finished had my character running around a rotating giant cube and now, I'm levitating and jumping around a very festive level *and dude, Mila seems to have a seriously traumatizing past, the entire level is so fun and colorful and then you can enter a chest in a tiny room and basically find the "skelletons in her chestcloset" ... kinda creepy*). I love the concepts of exploring the characters' mind. And I can't help thinking about Kingdom Hearts because the main character is voiced in french by the same guy who does Sora (except he may be a little more of a tease ahah). I'm so happy to have found this gem at such a cheap price.

Now, Tomb Raider Legend. I don't know at all what the TR fandom think about it. Maybe it's one of the worst, I don't know. All I know is that the controls are wayyyyy better than the controls that made me give up this TR game on PS1 that I had borrowed from a friend years ago (seriously, the only thing I managed doing was killing Lara in really embarassing ways). With this one, I managed to get into the first temple so I'm hopeful I can finish the game lol (well if the temples don't make me feel too claustrophobic eheh).
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Made it to 7th day of Devil Survivor 2! Yay! I was going pretty good level-wise until now. =/
    Spoiler:

I've also really wanted to play Makai Kingdom for a long time and I could never buy it anywhere so I managed to get a PS2 emulator working decent enough on my crappy old laptop to play it. However, I'm mainly waiting for my Tales of Xillia pre-order to get here! Living in the boondocks doesn't help it get here quickly though. =/
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:30 pm

I put Disgaea down for a bit because I was starting to equate it with my overtime funk, and started playing Legend of Mana again.  I think playing later games has spoiled me because it's a game in itself to make sure your pets and partymates actually level up.  >_O  The story still has me, though.

Also, always playing (but not actually having fun with) the game that is my job.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:42 pm

I put Neptunia Victory on hold because Tales of Xillia came in. I foolishly preordered the collector's edition, which I say foolishly because I just paid off my student loans, so throwing more money down the drain wasn't the smartest idea. But DAT BOX. Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 am

Heavily considering taking FF4DS on my weekend excursion. *w*
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:02 am

Jintoki wrote:I put Neptunia Victory on hold because Tales of Xillia came in.  I foolishly preordered the collector's edition, which I say foolishly because I just paid off my student loans, so throwing more money down the drain wasn't the smartest idea.  But DAT BOX.  Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far.

Ah, I got the CE as well, so don't feel bad. XD

I've been playing it, too, since it's nice to play it in a language I can understand and all.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Finished Devil Survivor 2, whee! It was quite an enjoyable game, and they made some nice improvements over the first game. Though honestly I can't decide which one I liked better. XD I'm also pretty near the end of Tales of Xillia, just doing some sidequesting before tackling the final dungeon. :3
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:00 am

^Wow, I am so slow. I just got Rowen. XD
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm

I started Parasite Eve last night for the first time since 1999 or so. Good times. The world needs more menu-based shooters with female heroines fighting female villains.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 pm

I loved Parasite Eve. I really wish it was a bigger, more expansive game, but at the same time I appreciate its laser-like focus. (Also, I love how it shamelessly rips off the plot of Ghostbusters 2.)

God, why did they make 3rd Birthday and turn Aya into a sex doll?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am