Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+25
Sororicide
stitchedmoon
Shizukesa
XenoForever07
Jessi
Yikari
opkij
mysticnocturne
Kimia
RED ODA
BlueMetal
GoldeneyeDS
Neosmith
kare_reiko
Monstrocker
chibi
JerriLeah7
Jintoki
salut hurricane
HikariKuragari
Xernova
xenolion
TheMagician
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
29 posters

What Are You Playing Currently?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 5 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by katimus_prime Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 am

I probably shouldn't admit to this, but I've been thinking of taking up Farmville again. >_>

It kept my schedule straight.

What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 5 Empty Re: What Are You Playing Currently?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

Persona 4 \o/
    Spoiler:
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 pm

^ Huh, I don't remember Kou saying that either, but I've seen it in fanworks before and completely taken out of context. You'd think I would remember that line...  Laughing

I'm still playing Skyrim as a Werewolf and also every now and then I will play some Angry Birds Trilogy levels (but I've gotten a bit tired of that game, só many levels).

...What? Innocent Sin? Still on hold. What Are You Playing Currently? - Page 5 Whistle_zpsa00036e9
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 pm

The beginning of Innocent Sin isn't all that compelling, honestly. It's why I was able to put it down. I need to dust off my husband's PSP and pick it back up.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:29 am

Innocent Sin has by far the best story in the series, but the social links and overall presentation of Persona 3 and 4 make me play them much more often.

As far as the Strength and Sun social links go in Persona 4, I prefer Kou over Daisuke, and Yumi over Ayane. I really like Daisuke and Ayene's social links though.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:02 am

Adrak wrote:Innocent Sin has by far the best story in the series, but the social links and overall presentation of Persona 3 and 4 make me play them much more often.
    I agree Innocent Sin has the best story. Or just Persona 2 as a whole (IS+EP), as far as I'm concerned. I'd even say Persona 3 & 4 don't come close to touching it. But I think because of the calendar system in the latter 2 games, the storytelling is somewhat limited due to the "you've got x days" structure. You don't really get to visit many places anymore outside of the school/city and the "otherworldly" random dungeons and I think that's a shame. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind if Persona 5 ditches that system entirely (hence I'm quite excited that they stated P5 will be as different from P3/P4 as P3/P4 were compared to P1/P2).

Adrak wrote:As far as the Strength and Sun social links go in Persona 4, I prefer Kou over Daisuke, and Yumi over Ayane. I really like Daisuke and Ayene's social links though.
    I didn't know Yumi even existed until I already made my "perfect" playthrough. =[ And I don't really like Ayane, so I wish I would have found out about Yumi sooner. I checked her Social Link on YouTube and she's much more to my liking than Ayane...
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Xernova wrote:That game has so many "guide dang it" moments that you're likely to miss a bunch of stuff on your first playthrough (possibly even the good ending). I see in your sig you've found Mark and Brown; this is actually a great example, because by recruiting Brown you've already missed your chance to recruit a more important character instead ("more important" for spoilerific reasons).

Yeah I read about the whole recruiting thing after I'd gotten Brown, but I'm okay with it. If I like the game enough I'll replay it some time and do things differently. I like doing things my own way on the first play through.

For now I'm mostly working on Gates to Infinity around all my assignments, studying, etc. I like the changes they've made in this one and I love being an Axew. <3
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm kind of all over the place with what I'm playing right now. I have a file going in both Tales of Xillia and Eternia, and now I've added the PC game Ib to my plate. I watched an LP of it (Nalif, I love ya, buddy! XD) and decided to download it to play it myself. It's just an awesome game all around.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

my GBA emulator shot itself and my tablet is dead, so I've given up on FF12: Revenant Wings and Megaman Battle Networks 1 and 2. So instead I'm playing Pokemon Heartgold, even though I have to put up with random freezes but it doesn't require me to use a tablet pen.

Wow ok until my DS emulator shot itself. To Pokemon Gold!! XD

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:22 pm

^ Wow, talk about bad luck = /
    I don't know why, but this seems to be somewhat common with GBA and DS emulators, at least for me. Mostly the GBA one, the DS one just doesn't work that well but I don't recall it going totally crazy like the GBA.

Well I've managed to beat the damn strong boss in P4 in my first attempt now! After a lot of grinding of course, but I thought it would still take some more tries...
    Spoiler:

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:09 am

currently right now, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land for Nintendo 3DS, sadly my 3DS is the only system I own right now, I'm waiting for next gen consoles to come out before I make a decision which one I'll end up with. I'm leaning more towards XBOX720 though if it's the name of the new Xbox console.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 am

I'm done with my Werewolf playthrough in Skyrim.
    Now, there are still 2 things left to do for 100% (trophy) completion which I didn't bother with so far; complete a specific sidequest "Lost to the Ages" (heh, how hard can it be with a lvl. 81 character?) and also... defeat a Legendary Dragon! I'm saving that one for last, what better way to conclude Skyrim than by slaying a powerful dragon? ;p
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am

I'm not actually playing anything new, considering the fact that I'm broke and the like--but I can say that I enjoy me some Halo Firefight when I can get it. xD I'll also say that I'm so SICK of hearing about Bioshock Infinite, at this point. Don't get me wrong--I'm sure it's an amazingly, awesome game, but there's a point where you can only hear about a certain topic so much in a short time span. x.x' This one is toeing the line.

Halo Reach
    Halo 4
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Jade Empire
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 am

I haven't had much chance to play games while exams have been going on. :c I've mainly been playing around on Blaze Union here and there; there's still one ending that I need to get after all these years. XD
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 am

I've finished Skyrim; 100% (trophy) completion!  :greenjump:

I guess I've got 3 games I can continue playing now:
    - Tomb Raider; wrap up the multiplayer trophies (I've read one multiplayer-trophy has been patched and is much easier to complete now, good thing I put it on hold, aha).
    - Angry Birds Trilogy; there are a few post-game things I intend to do, but I'm not going for 100% completion with this game (3-starring every level is just too much trouble).
    - Persona 2: Innocent Sin; well, I've got to get back to this game some day... why do I find it so hard to pick it up again? ._.

Haven't decided yet, but I'll probably be playing one of these games soon.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:42 am

I've still been juggling between Phoenix Wright: Justice for All and Atelier Ayesha. I actually just finished the main goal of Ayesha, so now the game kind of just...exists now. I mean, I'm not entirely sure what to do. The sidequests that popped up are kind of vague, so now I'm just wandering around, hoping to activate some kind of event.

Well, I haven't been playing Tomb Raider per say, but I've been watching a friend play it. I've actually seen most of the game at this point, so I don't think I'll personally play it, but I've enjoyed watching it.
    Spoiler:

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:34 am

I've been playing some old games on and off on my Android phone.
    - Lufia: The Legend Returns
    - Pokemon Green
    - Radical Dreamers
    - Shin Megami Tensei
    - A Link to the Past

The touchscreen controls can be finicky, especially for the d-pad, but now I can play games silently like a ninja. :) Less clicking and clacking.

Oh... And Xenogears actually runs on this thing! Armed with some saves from GameFAQs ... which had to be converted for whatever reason I can't recall now, because I did it ages ago ... I can revisit any part of the game like you would in a conventional VN. Can't switch memory cards in the emulator itself, though, so I have to do some file renaming to accomplish the same thing.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:49 am

I broke down and finally got Neptunia Victory. Now to preface this, I really disliked the first game in the series. The battle system was repetitive and dungeons were an absolute bore. However, the third one looked like it had changed a bit since then, so I thought about giving the series another shot. So far, I've actually been enjoying it, though the part I'm on right now requires a lot of grinding. The game is quite quirky, though the script can be a bit juvenile at times.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 pm

I picked FF5 back up again. Hooraaay, OP Monk Exploit!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am

Jintoki wrote:I broke down and finally got Neptunia Victory.  Now to preface this, I really disliked the first game in the series.  The battle system was repetitive and dungeons were an absolute bore.  However, the third one looked like it had changed a bit since then, so I thought about giving the series another shot.  So far, I've actually been enjoying it, though the part I'm on right now requires a lot of grinding.  The game is quite quirky, though the script can be a bit juvenile at times.

Yeah, the first game is really mediocre. Mk2 is the best, but Victory is also pretty good.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Magna Carta 2

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Right now I'm playing Devil Survivor 2, and replaying Okami a little.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Reality is a jerk but that's ok because I have Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition in surround sound. <3
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:02 am

Tomb Raider => *ploink!* Platinum trophy.  :greenjump:

Now what will I play...? I can still do a few things in Angry Birds Trilogy, but not that much... and I'm not in the mood to resume Innocent Sin, so eh... I guess I'll just do some random gaming for now.

Besides, later this week there's a game getting released for PS3 which Xbox owners have already had for quite a while, and I'm very much interested in getting it; Deadly Premonition (Director's Cut). From what I've read and seen about it, apparently it's a "B-movie horror"-ish title with a certain charm to it despite its flaws... I WANT IT! xD

So that's on my soon-to-play list, but yeah, for now I'll just be doing a bit of random gaming.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi

Post by LadyTwi Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm

I've been working on Gates to Infinity some more, plus doing some of the DLC maps on Fire Emblem: Awakening. I really like that we get FE4 in some form in English, but the localizations of some of the character names make me shake my head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am