Xeno Fannage!

That Crazy With The Blond Hair

katimus_prime
    Administrator

That Crazy With The Blond Hair

Post by katimus_prime on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Cherenkov <=> Ramsus?

Discuss.  :B

Last edited by katimus_prime on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"

Re: That Crazy With The Blonde Hair

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 am

... My brain totally wanted to read that like a chemical formula. Like, if you left Cherenkov alone long enough he'll turn into a Ramsus. Wait some more and you get a Cherenkov again.

Well, they both tried to create as stable a life as they could under their own strained circumstances, with whatever resources they had.
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 am

Well, there's a very obvious parallel between the two;

Spoiler:
    Miang: "But... we no longer have any more use for you. Haven't you realized that yet? You're a piece of trash. And being the reject you are, why don't you just leave? Hah hah hah.
    |
    ∟ Result; Ramsus soon freaks out and kills her (and Krelian, who was mocking him too).

Child-clone of Cherenkov's wife: "Garbage..."

|
    ∟ Result: Cherenkov: *twitch* AAARGH!!! *strangles her*
    Ramsus <=> Cherenkov is one of the most obvious character parallels between Xenogears/Xenosaga, if you ask me.

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

The only way it could be more obvious is if they'd kept one of Ramsus' names in the same way they held onto the Uzuki family name.
    And I can totally see Cherenkov being left alone to turn into Ramsus, and the other way around. The big difference between them is the amount of women, friends and power they have /don't have access to. I'm surprised at how much time and thought was spent on Cherenkov. One of the devs must have been really attached to him. Probably even more than me, and I think that's saying something.

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 pm

I would say I was disturbed by lack of Ramsus or Cherenkov allusions in Blade, but there's a Defence Force commander at Colony 9 that is very Cherenkovvy and an Alcamothian who is very Ramsusy. It's interesting seeing two at once in the same universe. It's like finding ten dollars in a coat pocket that you forgot about. :>

Yikari

Post by Yikari on Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 am

I dunno, I felt that Margulis owes quite a bit to Ramsus too. Or maybe he is closer to Dominia?
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Tue May 06, 2014 7:56 pm

You're not the first person who's said that Margulis is closer to Dominia than he is to Ramsus, and I think that has a lot of merit. :D Though the long-standing rivalry is very Ramsus of him to begin with, and Margulis is the one who is the reoccurring boss fight across the titles.

RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 am

@katimus_prime wrote:I would say I was disturbed by lack of Ramsus or Cherenkov allusions in Blade, but there's a Defence Force commander at Colony 9 that is very Cherenkovvy and an Alcamothian who is very Ramsusy.  It's interesting seeing two at once in the same universe.  It's like finding ten dollars in a coat pocket that you forgot about.  :>

In Colony 9 ? Are you talking about crazy mustache guy ? I thought he was a Vanderkaum reference.
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Wed May 07, 2014 12:20 pm

@RadicalDreamer wrote:
    In Colony 9 ? Are you talking about crazy mustache guy ? I thought he was a Vanderkaum reference.

Actually, the mustache guy is something else, but he is very, very Vanderkaummy.  XD
    I was actually talking about Kantz, apparently - http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kantz

Kurralth is the Ramsus lookalike (although a lot of High Entia NPC males go off the same design) - http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kurralth

Last edited by katimus_prime on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Re: That Crazy With The Blond Hair

Post by katimus_prime on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:28 pm

So, I was going through an article on the Xenoblade X stream and saw this screenshot from the back of a blond sitting next to a brunette and I can't unsee Cherenkov and Shion: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/X/ss-021.jpg

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Re: That Crazy With The Blond Hair

Post by katimus_prime on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 pm

*spongebob narrator voice*
    Three years later...

Turns out I could get very close to Ramsus with the XBX avatar generator, but there's not even a Blade in Blade 2 that looks like him.  However, spoilers for the end of Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2:

Spoiler:
    I can't help but think old sad Architect Klaus looks a lot like Cherenkov.  I know it's just a physical resemblance and Klaus in his younger years is much closer in spirit to Krelian, but I can't stop thinking about it and the implications of it across the series as a whole. Even if I am just a content-starved rare-character fangirl, I admit that even if what I'm seeing isn't actually there, it made me care a whole lot more about the backbone of Xenoblade as a series.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:38 pm