Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

XS Enneagram Discussion

XS Enneagram Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: XS Enneagram Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

Well, my impression of people doesn't really change. I still look at my friend just the same way I did before, if anything it just gives me a little insight into things.

And I wouldn't call the Enneagram "robotic," since it's actually very flexible when compared to other things like the MBTI (I'm classified as INTJ). And the Enneagram isn't about classifying people into types, it's a means of identifying the instincts and fears that drive us to shape the person we form.

I've also had discussions with it with my psychology teachers, and they found it interesting as well, although they agree that no one theory is perfect, and everything should be taken with a grain of salt, since psychology is an extremely complex subject.

I wasn't meaning to be coming off as "judging" when I said that comment about my friend, since my opinion of him hasn't changed at all, considering every person is unique no matter what "type" they are. I was just pointing out an example, although I do agree the comment sort of came off as something like this, even though I only got the data from him taking the test:

XS Enneagram Discussion - Page 2 5ho4
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

XS Enneagram Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: XS Enneagram Discussion

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 am

^ (LOL, that meme reminds me of some people I know IRL *cough*stepmom*cough* although they actually majored in psychology for a couple of years, which was worse because they used it to justify their own craziness while diagnosing and/or playing mind games with everyone else.)  Anyway, I didn't think you sounded too judgmental or anything like that.

Adrak wrote:And I wouldn't call the Enneagram "robotic," since it's actually very flexible when compared to other things like the MBTI (I'm classified as INTJ). And the Enneagram isn't about classifying people into types, it's a means of identifying the instincts and fears that drive us to shape the person we form.

This also.  Even though the MBTI seems to be more popular and reputable (I've been tested on it a few times in school and at least once in therapy), I don't personally like it as much and I always seem to get different results (the I and F are pretty much a constant, and usually the P, but depending on what test I take and when I take it I've been everything from ISFP to INFJ, so IDK).  I've had varying results on the Enneagram test, too, but it seems less arbitrary to me for some reason.  I generally used to come out as a 5 or in the range of 4-6, but I've definitely noticed a tendency toward 6-ish-ness in the past few years, and I have my own guesses as to why.  I've read a little about the MBTI as well, but for some reason it just doesn't seem as concrete or relevant to me personally.

Tehrin wrote:I probably won't actually cry about it or get really upset. I guess in my mind, it is what it is? IDK. o_o

That makes sense, and I think that's totally okay too, especially based on how you described your past relationship with her.  (Oh jeez, I don't mean to sound like a sophomore psych major either, but I do know of a lot of people, myself included, who have had to take a step back from certain family members to keep them from trampling all over us.  There is a difference between people who are related to you, and the family you choose for yourself ... but you probably already knew that.)  I'm really sorry you had to go through all that.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 am