Xeno Fannage!

Xenosaga pairings

stitchedmoon

Re: Xenosaga pairings

Post by stitchedmoon on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:37 am

^ Oh gosh, my absolute NOTP. D:  I've heard of a few people shipping them as well (and seen fanfic/fanart to that effect), but for me personally that's like the ultimate no-fly zone.  (Father figure taking advantage of underage daughter = nope.  Also, Lolita*?)  I don't fault anyone for shipping what they ship as long as it doesn't hurt actual real people, but yeah.  Something about it just makes me reALLY UNCOMFORTABLE.

*Aside: I mean the actual book entitled Lolita.  I tried to read that and I know it's, like, super important literature but I had to put it down about halfway because I was getting neck strain from doing this all the time:

But again, to each their own.  Although I would point out a flaw in the reasoning that Ziggy will outlive Juli; it's mentioned a few times throughout the series that his organic bits are getting pretty close to their sell-by date.  At the end of ep 2 Juli says, "The average lifespan of a living brain that hasn't undergone [lifespan] extension is 130 years," and even assuming he did spring for the life extension-- "for MOMO's sake," even--his database entry for episode 3 concludes, "No one knows how much longer his brain will survive. However, for as long as he can, he'll do what he was unable to do before--dedicate his life protecting those he cares about."

Alternatively, if he switched to a Realian body, it's possible he might live longer, but-- ah crap I hit submit too soon.  Well, you know. :B

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:35 pm

I don't think anyone mentioned this pairing yet but I was reading the translated part of Xenosaga's official manga and... turns out I find Jr and Mary kind of funny and adorable ?
    It makes me realize that I adore Mary. Shelley is cool but there is just something about Mary that makes me happy.
    I wonder if Jr/Mary could be possible in the future. They're travelling together, at least. There is that.
    Yikari

Post by Yikari on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 am

IMHO, Mary is less of an ass in the manga adaptation, so that may have contributed. I thought that her appearance in the main games had her friendly ribbing on Jr. border on something more... caustic when compared to the manga, with Jr. letting it slide because of some part of their very brief off-screen backstory.

Or at lest that was the impression I've got on my first playthrough.
    FishyFish_RU

Post by FishyFish_RU on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I like:

Jr. & MOMO - I think they're slowly heading there...
    Ziggy & Juli Mizrahi - I don't think that's canon, but still would be nice
    Shion & chaos - she needs love and he has lots of it!
    ???
    I think that would be all...

And I really dislike Allen and the canon pairing Allen x Shion. It's not just b\c he ruines my OTP, it's just that choosing him makes Shion look desperate. She never fancied him at all, and at the end she was so desperate for attention that she didn't care who paid attention to her. That's not a good foundation for a healthy relationship. At least chaos can heal her with therapeutic conversations and kindness. Allen has nothing like that in him, he needs help himself... So I just don't see Shion x Allen last long, and Shion would mostly likely be the one who'd initiate the separation.

And I also really dislike chaos x KOS-MOS pairing, and yeah, I shamelessly dislike it because it ruins my OTP! Very Happy Maybe I wouldn't dislike it as much if there were any hints at it AT ALL. Maybe I would even ship them. But throughout the three games, the two ignore each other completely.

I also don't understand everybody's (judging by fics) fascination with Albedo x Jr., but I don't mind that. It's just strange to me. Aren't they brothers? And isn't Jr. a kid?

I read a couple of Wilhelm x chaos fics... Hmmm. I don't even know what to say. Sure they mean something special to each other, being the only ones of their kind in the world, but romance? Oh I don't know...
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:48 am

@FishyFish_RU wrote:And I really dislike Allen and the canon pairing Allen x Shion. It's not just b\c he ruines my OTP, it's just that choosing him makes Shion look desperate. She never fancied him at all, and at the end she was so desperate for attention that she didn't care who paid attention to her. That's not a good foundation for a healthy relationship. At least chaos can heal her with therapeutic conversations and kindness. Allen has nothing like that in him, he needs help himself... So I just don't see Shion x Allen last long, and Shion would mostly likely be the one who'd initiate the separation.

Yeah, they just really don't seem like they'd be good for each other in the long term, imo.

I also don't understand everybody's (judging by fics) fascination with Albedo x Jr., but I don't mind that. It's just strange to me. Aren't they brothers? And isn't Jr. a kid?

Well, Jr.'s like ... technically 26 years old but stopped aging around 12 (kinda like me! j/k, I look at least 14).  And URTV shipping is (or used to be) really popular in this fandom. IDK how it'd fly on tumblr these days, but it sure was a thing back in the day.  I've seen Jr./Gaignun and a few other variations as well.  Definitely not for me (incest pairings kinda squick me out in general), but I can see where the interest stems from, given Jr. and Albedo's emotional bond, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FishyFish_RU

Post by FishyFish_RU on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 am

@stitchedmoon wrote:
    Well, Jr.'s like ... technically 26 years old but stopped aging around 12 (kinda like me! j/k, I look at least 14).
    Beware, the fans of Rubedo or MOMO might start stalking you Very Happy

And URTV shipping is (or used to be) really popular in this fandom.
    No kidding! The only fic in Russian that I've found is Rubedo\Albedo. I told its author that there are plenty of fics with this pairing in English. Now she must be on cloud number nine reading them.

Well, in my understanding slash pairings happen when you like two male characters. I don't quite understand how you can like a kid. Sure, he's not really a kid, but his body is that of a child, so how is romance supposed to happen, in a totally chaste way with kisses on the cheek? And Albedo... He's a magnificent villain, especially in ep II, but I don't see anything romantically attractive in him.

It's weird when you entirely don't get a popular pairing... Suspect
    キキキ

Post by キキキ on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 am

So...

My OTP for Xenosaga is weird...

chaos X Rubedo

Now I know that it's pretty normal to some people but it's just weird to me. I don't know why I like it but it fits. chaos has always been there for Rubedo. The second games beginning just provides proof. I have always seen chaos as a seraph (no don't correct me let me keep my dream) and as a seraph he would never age. This to me makes the pairing a lot more possible as Jr (Rubedo) doesn't age as well.

I do really like chaos X Tony too. -it's my crack ship of the fandom-. It's something that I just like.

I don't know why I ship them I just do.
    FishyFish_RU

Post by FishyFish_RU on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:48 am

*almost died from shock*

Smile

Current date/time is Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:08 am