Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+16
RadicalDreamer
Yikari
oraf
JerriLeah7
chibi
Tehrin
salut hurricane
HikariKuragari
TheMagician
Xernova
kare_reiko
katimus_prime
xenolion
LadyTwi
GoldeneyeDS
stitchedmoon
20 posters

Who is/are your favorite Xenosaga character/s?

Who is/are your favorite Xenosaga character/s? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is/are your favorite Xenosaga character/s?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Miss Meerkat wrote:I personally developed a hatred for KOS-MOS recently after trying to fish through a billion Xenosaga fanart pics, 80% of which were KOS-MOS, just to find some pictures of Jr.

Ahhhh, I know what that feels like, I save a lot of fanart and I always wish there could be more variation on the Xenosaga ones...

Well, my favorites are Jin, chaos, Wilhelm, MOMO, Albedo, KOS-MOS, Shion and Kevin, I think.
    Jin or chaos if I had to pick one, though. Specially Ep1 chaos, I just love that voice actor!

Who is/are your favorite Xenosaga character/s? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is/are your favorite Xenosaga character/s?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 am

Jr. was my favorite for a while, but after Xenosaga 3 came out and I looked back on the series as a whole, I have to say KOS-MOS overall.  

I love how KOS-MOS was never that interested in becoming a human.  That trope has worn thin on me ever since Data in Star Trek TNG; espeically in anime, where it is rarely done in an original way.  KOS-MOS is essentially a walking battleship with boobs who only learns and feels as much as her tasks require.  

Spoiler:
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:08 am

Zeal wrote:Well, my favorites are Jin, chaos, Wilhelm, MOMO, Albedo, KOS-MOS, Shion and Kevin, I think.
    Jin or chaos if I had to pick one, though. Specially Ep1 chaos, I just love that voice actor!
    Wow, Kevin... you don't hear that often. I remember a topic on Godsibb in which most people were basically bashing his character and I was one of the few who posted some reasons why I actually like the guy (despite his unpleasant behavior in XSIII). xD He's not on my list of favorites, though. I do like him, but not enough to call him a favorite.

I found neither of chaos' English voices fitting for his character. XSI chaos is too super happy and XSII/III chaos has an over-the-top deep voice. I've heard a few lines by his Japanese XSIII voice actor, and I think that one has the right tone of voice for chaos.

PS: I was quite surprised to learn chaos' XSI voice actor also voiced Takaya and Mitsuru's father in Persona 3. Didn't recognize him at all. =o

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:47 am

I always liked chaos' voices to be honest, I think all three of them did fit the character,and as for Kevin I'm at the same boat as Xernova I suppose.

Miyuky...that's a nice way to describe her,seeing that way I like her personality a bit, I think her and Allen should have been more described in the series,along with Orgulla.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 am

Xernova wrote:Wow, Kevin... you don't hear that often. I remember a topic on Godsibb in which most people were basically bashing his character and I was one of the few who posted some reasons why I actually like the guy (despite his unpleasant behavior in XSIII). xD He's not on my list of favorites, though. I do like him, but not enough to call him a favorite.

I thought Kevin was an interesting antagonist.  It was just the way Shion acted in regards to Kevin that bugged me about Kevin.  Hold on, I must extrapolate.

Spoiler:

So, I liked Kevin, but he made me like Shion less.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 am

^ Shion is quite a chaotic character, but I actually really like how she responded near the end of the game;

Spoiler:
    Wanted to post this yesterday, but New Year's Day turned out to be quite a busy day for me.

[Hm, bumped into another old post of mine from the topic "likes/dislikes about characters". Posted my thoughts on Jr. and chaos in that one, I'll edit it into my first reply in this topic.]

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 am

I like the idea of what they did, but I just have issues of how they put it all together.  It's a problem when you have so much going on.  It's difficult to tell a clear story about a single character when you are focusing on 7 different ones, plus NPCs.  

Spoiler:

I am sure it would have been better if the second half of the third game had not been so compressed with information.  We could have seen Shion's mental state dissolving slowly instead of flipping like a light switch at the sight of Kevin.
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 am

Jr.'s definitely my favorite.  He's got so many different nuances to his character that he just drew me in.  He's got that mischievous little boy air, but then he can turn around and be mature when the situation calls for it.  I love his leader attitude and how he can just get things done.

Albedo's a close second, and I really shouldn't have to explain the reasons why he's so awesome.  Laughing

I saw the bit about KOSy going on, and I thought I'd thrown my .02 in.  I love her in Ep. I and II, but when she gets the cat ears in III, I lose respect for her.  And plus, I'm a bit tired of her being the only one to represent Xenosaga, even though I understand why.
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 pm

My favorite XS character that is playable is Jr.--he is someone that is just brazen, blunt, and very open about his opinions and honest with himself. He doesn't let things such as his size get in his way and he most certainly loves a good adventure. (lol) I really like all that there is about Jr. (except for his pants in Ep. 1, which should be burned) and for some reason, he spoke to me more than any other character on a personal level. I like him and that's really as simple as I can get.

As for non-playable characters, I'm definitely big on Cherenkov and Albedo, but I have to say that I am not a fan of Kos-Mos. I actually dislike her quite a lot, but it actually has nothing to do with her character (as in her personality). However, this thread is about who we like, not who we dislike, so I won't go into that spiel.
    oraf

Post by oraf Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:34 pm

lol! i liked Jr in his greens.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

^ Haha, I liked those pants too! I'd wear 'em. (They're my favorite colors~)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:32 pm

After having stumbled onto all the junk from my hard drive, and looking at every page in the 4koma for him, my will to Cherenkov is back in full swing. Nothing new for me, but it's back up.

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:36 am

chaos, Jr, Momo, and Albedo. All are amazing and I loved 2 cuz I find Jr a lot more interesting then Shion. Razz
    /coughhugejrfangirlcough
    /coughreallyhatesshioncough
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Jr. and Shion really do wrangle for ownership of Being the Main Character of Xenosaga. I don't have anything against Shion, but I am curious to see what the series would have been like if Jr. had been The Main Character. :3

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:27 pm

I don't know what y'all are talking about, Cherenkov's wife is obviously the best character in the 'Saga. Closely followed by Sellers. (of course, I kid) Gotta say Shion's my favorite, even though she makes me wanna scream sometimes. I get it, though, acting like an a-hole when a lot of crap's happened to you. It doesn't make for a very sympathetic character, but it's plausible characterization nonetheless.

As for my favorite character with whom I identify most? That'd be Miyuki. Mah girllll.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 pm

You know, after all this time, I'd like to see someone up and try to defend Cherenkov's wife.  It'd be amusing to see.  XD (Although I'm afraid it might take on the shrill tone of a Tumblr social justice warrior...)
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:04 am

(Now I'm imagining Cherenkov's wife as a shrill UMNblr social justice warrior. "Stop clone-shaming me! Check your super soldier privilege!") D:

I did kinda get to like Sellers after a while, just because he's so hilariously terrible and also Dr Strangelove.

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 pm

stitchedmoon wrote:(Now I'm imagining Cherenkov's wife as a shrill UMNblr social justice warrior. "Stop clone-shaming me! Check your super soldier privilege!") D:

I did kinda get to like Sellers after a while, just because he's so hilariously terrible and also Dr Strangelove.

Oh god. I died.

Come to think of it, I think Cherenkov's wife really is the only character I can't find myself having any reason to like. It's really rare these days to have a series with characters you can somewhat understand and relate to, even if they are wicked. But her, she had no other motive other than to be a terrible wench. Voyager was downright horrible, but he was interesting as a character (at least with the stuff we were never given). I can't hate on Kevin, even though he was a jerk. I have all the feels for Virgil and Albedo though. I can't hate Wilhelm, but he wasn't so much of a villain, just more of an antagonist.
    xenolion
    Jin's Mistress

Post by xenolion Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 pm

*coming back from the dead*

I didn't realize I missed so much and I am sorry for the late reply.  I have listed below some of my reasons for not liking Kossie.  Now I am not looking for a debate because you are not going to change my mind especially after how many years.  I also put it in spoilers as not to muck up the post.

Spoiler:
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 am

I doubt there'd be much interest in this topic after all this time, but we are all here to share our perception of the game we like, are we not? Personally, I'm fascinated with other people's interpretations of the familiar characters whether I agree with their opinion or not, so I hope this post won't be a complete waste of bandwidth.

If I were to pick an absolute favourite character out of them all, I'd say it will have to be Ziggy.

Spoiler:

I really won't be able to put all my characters' impressions - there are just so many that are interesting in their own way! - in one post but here are some of the highlights:

Jr.

Spoiler:

Albedo.

Spoiler:

Dmitri.

Spoiler:

Kevin.

Spoiler:

KOS-MOS.

Spoiler:

Luis.

Spoiler:

Andrei.

Spoiler:
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 am

Always happy to see this thread brought back from the dead. |3  I'm short on time at the moment, but all of your outlooks (especially Ziggy's and Cherenkov's) made me go "yay!"

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm sitting here in some amount of fear wondering if I should post on this thread... I feel like half of this fandom already hates me for my often less-than-savoury views of Xenogears, and my strong (and highly protective) love of Shion. Not sure if I should give you all more reasons to give me the evil eye!

Ehhh, what the hell. I love these characters and want to express myself!

MY GAL SHION
    Spoiler:

KOS-MOS
    Spoiler:

GAIGNUN
    Spoiler:

Citrine
    Spoiler:

Also PELLEGRI.
    Spoiler:

WHich reminds me how good all the antagonsits are in this series. Wow. All of them are well-developed, and full of reasonable motives-- even the most despicable ones. (YURIEV.)

Long story short-- the characters are one of me favourite parts of this game, and there are no characters that I can say I truly hate. Like even the ones I hate from a storyline perspective (YURIEV and KEVIN) are at least fascinating!

And god, do I hate Yuriev. ;p

Oh, and Yikari!!! I highly recommend you check out Pied Piper-- that will be a veritable GOLDMINE for you! ;D
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Yikari, you really should read Pied piper, I really liked Ziggy before reading it but after that he move to second place of my male Xenosaga characters.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 pm

http://zarathustra.kaisho.org/
    Pied Piper is so worth it. :3
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 pm

^ Seconded.  So, so worth it. <3  (I believe there's still a fan manga adaptation of it floating around the internets too!)

katimus_prime wrote:I'm short on time at the moment, but all of your outlooks (especially Ziggy's and Cherenkov's) made me go "yay!"

^^ Also this.

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am