Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+2
kare_reiko
Xernova
6 posters

Who does Shion really love?

Who does Shion really love? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who does Shion really love?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 am

Shion seems to treat all her friends this way. Even in XS1 before she got drastically meaner, she yelled at Miyuki pretty harshly in one scene, for something not even her fault. I didn't think anything of it the first time I played, because I figured it was just some random technician girl. Then I realized that character is supposed to be her best friend, and I didn't really know what to think about Shion after that. Cut to XS3 and she's still abusing poor Miyuki, who is trying to help but is simply out of her depth. This is supposed to be humorous, but it just annoys me.

Allen's that same character. He seems to be very intelligent and a decent leader, going by how he performs in the Vector team. But the game seems to want to use him as the comedy relief, the guy who is always freaking out and can never say anything right. This is part of where I question the maturity level of some of the writing, since this feels like a rehashed high school anime trope.

So both these characters would need to change for it to work, but I think that the game starts them both down that road to change that would be needed for them to have a healthy relationship.

Allen is braver and more likely to stand up for himself. He will probably whine less, and address his problems with whatever Shion does directly. He made the decision to go with them, so he's got to have grown considerably more open to the idea of adventure and crazy ideas.

Shion, after taking some time to heal and find herself outside of Kevin, I think would be more aware of other people. Losing Jin, and Jin's parting words about treasuring her friends, would change her quite a bit too, I would hope. I think she'd be less likely to take her friends for granted in the future.
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:03 am

Allen was always brave for someone traveling around with people who had powers and such he could never have. He had no issue with taking on Gnosis in Ep. I along with Virgil, and despite all of his complaining, he would always be there with Shion during her crazy adventures. He's a normal human hanging around with not-so-normal people, and I think that's what shows.

Shion's maturity level is very low throughout the games, though I can understand where she's coming from with all that she's keeping locked up inside her head and heart. I do believe that, once she starts to heal and move past all that she's gone through, she'll be better to people. That still doesn't endear me to the thought of her with Allen. I don't really believe that Allen and Shion will be healthy for each other, either. *shrugs*
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:56 am

Shion x Allen doesn't really do it for me either. I dunno why, but even at the end of XSIII, it just feels like an awkward pairing to me. I guess it might have seemed more fitting if we'd actually get to see what they're like together after the end of XSIII (i.e. a possibly more mature Shion and the now braver Allen).

Perhaps I've used up all my imaginative powers for my own OTP to give Shion and Allen a fair chance. But then again, if you ask me, Allen's true soulmate is;

Spoiler:
    Who does Shion really love? - Page 2 NyahNyah
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 am

AS I see many as me don't see Allen and Shion together. To tell true for whole story I didn't like Allen, he only get more in my eyes at end of ep3 when Shion gone to Kevin.
    I don't think Shion will feel good with him. In Drama CD on disc 1 Shion think about Allen that talk with him is "heavy". If be with someone is Heavy then I can't call this love. For me it's something to bring smile to you face even if you sometimes fight with that parson.

That's why I always will think that Kevin was right for her. They both had issues but they were happy with each other.
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:45 am

When two people have issues the size that Shion and Kevin do, they're not good for one another, either. Kevin was just as selfish as Shion, and a relationship like that is bad, both for the people involved in it and those around them. But to each their own, of course.

And Xernova, maybe you're right. Had they not left us with what we saw of Allen and Shion and shown them in a relationship before ending Ep. III, it's possible I might not be so against the pairing. It's difficult to see them together as is because of how we saw them throughout the games, so they needed to do more for me to even remotely accept them in a relationship.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Who does Shion really love? - Page 2 Ssio0129

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:53 am

I don't think that Allen is a coward because he's sometimes scared in the face of danger.  In that regard he has always been pretty brave, following Shion around no matter what.  What he's afraid of is expressing how he feels, and that's what allows Shion to walk all over him.  Not just about his romantic feelings for Shion, but about everything.  He whines and complains under his breath as a way of avoiding confrontation.  When Shion says "what?" in that mean tone, he just says "nothing."

He never says anything like, "All due respect Chief, you're being a bitch to me right now and I don't deserve it."

When she gets snippy, he gets butthurt.  He has a confidence issue, and Shion is insensitive towards him.  Post XS3, that would probably change on both counts.

I think Allen is cool  though, because he had feelings for Shion when she was unattainable and still was her friend and supported her.  He gave her the space he knew she needed to recovers.  He was going to ask her on a casual date to start off with, and give her the option to decline without making their relationship awkward.  I appreciate that.  Normally a guy like that would complain about being "friend zoned" or something.  Allen treats Shion with respect.  That's why I like him despite all the annoying CHIIIIEEEEEFFF screaming.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 pm

I think Allen really needed a new look in Xeno3! That was not shocking in Xeno1, they were both in their Vector uniform, but Allen 1.1 with Shion 1.3 it's just...lacking something!
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Well Allen never quit Vector so he can walk around in one clothes. But you right from all important characters he's only one that have one main suit (without counting swimsuit)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm

chibi wrote:Personally, I don't know that Shion loves anyone.
    It's been so long since my post on the first page, I thought you were quoting me chibi.  Laughing <3
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Holy crap, I didn't even know you had posted that! XD

Well, look at us - in agreement on something.  My, how things have changed. Laughing
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 am

Who does Shion really love? - Page 2 Bunnie
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm still sticking with KOS-MOS.  XD  OTPs aside, since Kevin "died" the first time, I really think her attentions just aren't really attuned to romance, and I think it'd have been interesting if they'd just stayed that way.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Indeed,love doesn't refer only to romance and carnal desires,so maybe kos-mos (if you consider ep3 mary herself would be a good bet),the bunny,febronia,jin and...cats! (kidding about the last one)

But if is between carnal love,hence allen and kevin...before ep3 final parts kevin and after it allen,sorry I don't pay much attention to her sometimes XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 pm