Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

Xenogears and Cloud Atlas

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xenogears and Cloud Atlas Empty Xenogears and Cloud Atlas

Post by katimus_prime Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Original Topic by Adrak on Temp Sibb:

Adrak wrote:I'm sure I'm not the only one who is suspiciously reminded of Xenogears when I saw the Cloud Atlas trailer. The entire concept of lovers reincarnating in different time periods almost seems too similar to be a coincidence. And it was especially funny last night when I went out to dinner with my family, and my sisters were talking about how complicated the movie is, and when I tried to explain to them I've seen a story with a similar concept that's probably a million times more complicated, they just brush me off.
    Here's a trailer for those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQFAPeaJOf8

katimus wrote:OH MY GOD.  I have a new thing to be excited about.  |3
    I'm pretty sure that if the Wachowskis are involved with this film, that the Gears referencability is going to be very very high, because both of them are huge JRPG nerds.  This movie looks awesome.  Like, The Fountain level of awesome.

Adrak wrote:I just looked it up, and they are indeed involved in the film. Now it REALLY feels like they got the idea from Xenogears.

A.C. wrote:Isn't Cloud Atlas based on a novel? I think the inspiration was probably that rather than Xenogears. Apart from the superficial similarity in concept I don't get a Xenogears vibe from that trailer at all.

Adrak wrote:Yeah, the novel Cloud Atlas was published in 2004. Of course, I realize the similarities are superficial, it's just pretty coincidental, considering I at least have never really seen any other works that use the same concept in such a similar fashion. I haven't actually seen the movie or read the book, but it just reminds of it. I don't really get a Xenogears-vibe, I'm just reminded of it. This topic was more so just fun in nature, not really meant to be a serious connection between the two.
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Xenogears and Cloud Atlas Empty Re: Xenogears and Cloud Atlas

Post by HikariKuragari Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm not sure about the xenogears ish thing in it but I must say that movie look interesting haha.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm