Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

Xenoblade HD Retexture Pack

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xenoblade HD Retexture Pack Empty Xenoblade HD Retexture Pack

Post by katimus_prime Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Started by Adrak over on Temp Sibb.

Adrak wrote:Something interesting I came across:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-hd-texture-project-xenoblade-chronicles-v4-1u-sep-28-2012

I always considered the graphics great, but this is especially beautiful.

katimus wrote:Yeah, I've talked to a few of the Dolphin modders and their reskins look great!  I was trying to work on upping the graphics on the in-battle character portraits, but then I took a hacking to my website.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Xenoblade HD Retexture Pack Empty Re: Xenoblade HD Retexture Pack

Post by kare_reiko Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:43 am

Well it's not bad idea and project. Only problem for it is that you need to choose saving all textures from game into you computer. I once done this (by accident) when I was playing Xenoblade for first time. It's possible that it speed up emulaor too, but when I check folder from emulator it had like 6 GB? A lot, and it take really long time to load it.

From all textures I would change only those for eyes and face (as it is in ths pack) and I would add some better alpha channel for hair, one like was in ep3 of XS and it would be pretty great, 2x native graphic and you have game in hd if you really need it since game alone it's pretty good.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:50 am

Yeah, I haven't gotten Dolphin to run on my mac yet, but I imagine that once I get it put together, it'll look gorgeous. I am a little concerned about load and run times, though. Does load time figure into battle at all?
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Well I can't say much about loads, jap was working good on old emulator, I'm not sure if it was because of saving textures or because of less complex voices files for this ver. English one when I first player worked a lot slower, I don't know if I had saving textures choosed there, I told myself that it's propably because of dual sound. Both of them I played on native size of gaphic (as it was on wii)
    Now, in last month, I played Xenoblade on new emulator and it worked almost perfect, as I checked I didn't have saving textures option choosed. I don't know how fast worked Alcamoth on Wii, but it was only place that has little slow down compare to rest maps. And I played 2xNative while that gameplay, it was enough so it looks like HD.
    It's on dual core procesor around 2,6 GHz for core. If it was like 3+ GHz I bet there wouldn't be any problems. More cores won't be big change since both Wii and ps2 emulators works only on 2 cores for now (and that won't change fast as far I read).
    But If I have more cores I would just order emulator to play on 2nd and 3rd core when first I would be leave for System, my Win XP don't eat too much of procesor etc but later ones I bet eat a lot more.

I think loads were longest while loading game when you save textures, maybe it was longer too when map was loading, but that was on older ver of emulator, you would just need to check how it would be on new one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm