Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

3 posters

KOS-MOS' POV screens

Neosmith

KOS-MOS' POV screens Empty KOS-MOS' POV screens

Post by Neosmith Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 am

So, an EPI question - has anyone ever paid attention to the details of KOS-MOS' vision screens?  

You know, the screens we see when they show KOS-MOS' POV/HUD? This tends to happen a few times in the Woglinde chapter.

Is there possibly a transcript somewhere?

In particular, I was interested in what KOS-MOS' HUD states when she examines the Zohar Emulator - I found a good video, but I can't make out the text below the words "object recognition."

Check it out here (about 8:37 in):

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

KOS-MOS' POV screens Empty Re: KOS-MOS' POV screens

Post by katimus_prime Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh man, I'm surprised you got that much out of it. It's so fuzzy and scrolls so fast. *_*
    My smartass answer would be, "Yo, this is the good shit right here, man," but I imagine it's some readout on which ZE it is (Marienkind I believe?), where it's been, how they lost it? I have a much better handle on the way the Wave Existence worked in Xenogears, but the will of the Original Zohar in Saga is much less clear to me.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:03 am

I'm sure there is a way to beef up the sharpness of that image but I don't really know.

It's attention to detail like this though that made the game so interesting to dissect back in the old days.
    dazzlina
    dazzlina

Post by dazzlina Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:57 am

I tried to sharpen the image in both the video and through the ps2 emulator and it's sadly, still too blurry to read.. I'm still gonna see if there's some way to make the image clearer though because the small attention to detail was always so interesting.

I'll be sad if it's ever figured out to be random jargon/scribble or words though...

*Edit - Tried again and could only make out a few words here and there such as "composer" or "computer", "it has" and "probability". I wish there was a way to view the fmv's in the same light as the in game cut scenes on the emulator so we could get a better look...
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:13 pm

dazzlina wrote:I tried to sharpen the image in both the video and through the ps2 emulator and it's sadly, still too blurry to read.. I'm still gonna see if there's some way to make the image clearer though because the small attention to detail was always so interesting.

I'll be sad if it's ever figured out to be random jargon/scribble or words though...

*Edit - Tried again and could only make out a few words here and there such as "composer" or "computer", "it has" and "probability". I wish there was a way to view the fmv's in the same light as the in game cut scenes on the emulator so we could get a better look...

Thanks a lot for trying!

I'm thinking of possibly trying some photoshop layering of the same image to decipher it but I'm no really experienced with that, so I don't know if it will work.

Maybe if we get a remaster one day, it'll become sharp enough to make out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm