Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+2
katimus_prime
opkij
6 posters

Xenosaga III turns 10 years!

opkij
    opkij

Xenosaga III turns 10 years! Empty Xenosaga III turns 10 years!

Post by opkij Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Woho, let's celebrate the day the series died, well at least in Japan, and at least for me, haha.

I wrote a small post about my experience around the release, there is actually A LOT more to it including some darker
    sides mayhap but it just drains so much energy returning, even talking about and playing the game is sadly a big step
    for me these days. Oh well, enjoy:

https://xenosagacollector.wordpress.com/

Happy Xeno day!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xenosaga III turns 10 years! Empty Re: Xenosaga III turns 10 years!

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:38 pm

I didn't realize it until I started people post about it on Twitter. Great post, man. :>
    FishyFish_RU
    FishyFish_RU

Post by FishyFish_RU Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:39 am

Cool! An anniversary!

*pretends to pour around virtual champagne for everybody*

P.S. And oh my, it's the first time I join a fandom ten years later Smile
    opkij
    opkij

Post by opkij Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 am

katimus_prime wrote:I didn't realize it until I started people post about it on Twitter.  Great post, man.  :>  

Thanks! I wish I could do more to spread the word, I'm not modern enough to use things like twitter, haha.
    Glad to see at least some people remember and care.

Maybe a strange anniversary since most people probably would care more about the Episode I release and the birth of the series
    but for me this was by far the most important one. Ever since I first saw the ending of Episode II I knew that Episode III would be the best game ever!

Joining now is of course better than never! The only sad part is missing out on all the speculation that was going on before the game was
    released... there was a lot, especially before Episode III was confirmed to be the last one and also the entire "will it be linked with Xenogears after all".

For me those speculations and waiting for the actual game to release was a huge part of the experience.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Happy anniversary! This anniversary means as much or more to me than Episode I's, mainly because it signifies how 10 years have passed since the last game and...there's been nothing. I rewatched the ending last night, and it hurt all the more for every time a character said, "We will meet again."  T_T
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:11 pm

There's still August 29th for that final heartbreaking NA release goodbye. A bunch of JP folks on Twitter were chirping, but it wasn't a whole lot of them. The thing with a big series like XS which has so many game release dates is that people tend to only really remember the big lead-in ones.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:59 pm

^Yeah, I was really disappointed that not very many people talked about the 10th anniversary. Made Episode I's 15 year anniversary will have more hype? Xenogears's 20 year birthday will probably be talked about quite a bit.
    opkij
    opkij

Post by opkij Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Jintoki wrote:Happy anniversary! This anniversary means as much or more to me than Episode I's, mainly because it signifies how 10 years have passed since the last game and...there's been nothing. I rewatched the ending last night, and it hurt all the more for every time a character said, "We will meet again."  T_T

Yay, glad to hear that! I am closing in on the ending myself now and it will be painful, I have avoided that for the last five years since my sister beat the
    game around the 5th anniversary.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:35 am

Well, it's been 10 years since the US release.

Happy Anniversary everyone!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:08 am

Neosmith wrote:Well, it's been 10 years since the US release.

Happy Anniversary everyone!
    T_T I celebrated by working on XenoComi and watching Xenosga: The Animation. I probably should have played the game instead.  >.>;
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Damn... it's been this long ?
    Xenosaga 3 was my very first entry in the "series" and I had a blast with it. Totally made my "break up" with Final Fantasy less painful back in the days. Sigh... it's so sad so few people actually played Episode 3. It's easily ones of the best jRPGs on PS2 but a lot of people gave up on Xenosaga before playing this one.
    Anyway, Happy 10th Anniversary Xenosaga 3 ! I probably would never have become a Xeno fan without you I love you .

Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:12 am

I keep imagining that, in an ideal world, Episode 3 would've had a bigger budget and a more elaborate battle system, one that would allow you to combine button-press basic attacks with menu-based tech and ether.

Say what you will about Episode 2, but the boss enemies there had elaborate move lists and never felt redundant. And you had a lot of distinct attack animations.

In Episode 3, by contrast, every enemy has about three-four attack animations (which are recycled over and over) and one special attack.

Maybe if E3's style had been utilized for Episode 2, XS wouldn't have ended so quickly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm