Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+3
katimus_prime
RadicalDreamer
opkij
7 posters

KOS-MOS in Project X Zone 2 !

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

KOS-MOS in Project X Zone 2 ! Empty KOS-MOS in Project X Zone 2 !

Post by Valkyrie Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:29 am

WARNING DO NOT CLICK MY INTERNET LINK IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING XENOBLADE CHRONICLES (OR IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY AT THIS GAME ONE DAY) : THERE IS A HUGE SPOILER INSIDE.

Yeeeees, they announced 4 more characters for Project X Zone 2 (3DS) :

- Chrom from Fire Emblem.
    - Lucina from Fire Emblem.
    - A character from Xenoblade Chronicles that I find so cool.
    And last but not least :
    - KOS-MOS from Xenosaga  ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY

Here is the link :
    http://gematsu.com/2015/09/project-x-zone-2-adds-fire-emblem-xenosaga-xenoblade-characters
    opkij
    opkij

KOS-MOS in Project X Zone 2 ! Empty Re: KOS-MOS in Project X Zone 2 !

Post by opkij Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:52 am

Haha, I don't know how I feel about all these cross-over projects, but the fans are happy, woo!

It was a short clip, but I think that it was the original voice actor for KOS-MOS?
    Another good thing about these games are the new music remixes!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:02 am

This news makes me really excited even though it's still another KOS-MOS-only cameo, but the fact that they had to talk to Nintendo to get 7 in this game also means that Namco and Monolith could be talking at all, which might make a remake possible, even if the chance is remote!
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:24 am

katimus_prime wrote:This news makes me really excited even though it's still another KOS-MOS-only cameo, but the fact that they had to talk to Nintendo to get 7 in this game also means that Namco and Monolith could be talking at all, which might make a remake possible, even if the chance is remote!

My thoughts as well.
    Also, since Namco seems to have a kink for the xeno sexy robot ladies, I kind of wish they could make a deal with SquareEnix as well. Because Emeralda is cool as hell (especially for a fighting game) and has abilities neither KOS-MOS or Seven has.
    That said, I'm not planning to buy and play this game. I was never into them. I just enjoy to see the cast they pick.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Yeah, I've never bought one of these either. Has KOS-MOS always been sold by the tits? :/
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Sadly, I'm one of the people who purchased the first game (along with Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) just because of the KOS-MOS cameo. >.>; It's pretty fun at first, but then after 15 hours or so the game has pretty much introduced all the gameplay elements you will have for the next 70 hours and most tactics boil down to doing as much damage as possible. It became really tedious. I really hope the sequel spreads out new features throughout the game or adds more strategy to battles to keep them fresh.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:02 pm

katimus_prime wrote:Yeah, I've never bought one of these either. Has KOS-MOS always been sold by the tits?  :/

While, as a constituent of the heterosexual male demographic, I am obligated to note that titties are important, I also have to admit that none of Xenosaga's promotional material that I've seen so far looks even remotely appealing to my eyes.

True, I wasn't there to see how the games were actually marketed at the time of their release, but the stuff on the games covers' and cutscenes viewable online hits about the half of the things in my persanal list of 'visual design hailing from modern japanese popular culture export' dislikes.

The only reason I've found Xenosaga was because of deliberate trawling of tvtropes in an attempt to see if something out of all the stuff in the JRPG genere I've missed would be something I'd like to play.

XXX

Closer to the subject of the thread, I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Jintoki's assessment above. The first game gets simply too tedious to play very fast.

Sure, it's done in my favourite style of 'sprites on a 3D background' with a surprising amount of attention to detail in both said backgrounds and character animations, but, IMHO, eye candy can't carry mindnumbingly repetitive gameplay all by itself.

And that's exactly what it has to do. Both Xenosaga-related segments and other games of the mix that I am familiar with don't really have anything going for them plot- or characterisation-wise besides 'oh, I know that character, wait what do boob jokes have to do with anything?'.

I have yet to play Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, but I strongly suspect that this would be the case for that game as well.

TL;DR:

This is awesome news, of course, but I'd like something a bit more thought-provoking than an ultimate showdown of ultimate awesome. And more Ziggy, please.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:17 am

Yeees T-elos is confirmed in Project X Zone 2 too !
    I'm so happy  Very Happy
    http://nichegamer.com/2015/10/ingrid-ryo-hazuki-and-more-confirmed-for-project-x-zone-2/
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Yikari wrote:This is awesome news, of course, but I'd like something a bit more thought-provoking than an ultimate showdown of ultimate awesome. And more Ziggy, please.

I feel the same way. I'd be really happy if they included Ziggy in one of these.

Valkyrie wrote:Yeees T-elos is confirmed in Project X Zone 2 too !

It's cool that she's in!
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:42 pm

katimus_prime wrote:
    Yikari wrote:This is awesome news, of course, but I'd like something a bit more thought-provoking than an ultimate showdown of ultimate awesome. And more Ziggy, please.

I feel the same way.  I'd be really happy if they included Ziggy in one of these.

KOS-MOS in Project X Zone 2 ! Tumblr_nqjg0302e91qg1zuyo2_500

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:44 pm