Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

4 posters

Kire's stuff and things Emporium

Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Location : Somewhere in Ohio. I don't recommend it, 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Boo.

Kire's stuff and things Emporium Empty Kire's stuff and things Emporium

Post by Kire-Kitsune Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:53 pm

I figured since I draw a whole lot of random stuff I'd go and post them. Figured I'd be simple and to the point about it. lol Here's a few to start off, though they're largely sketches and older work, so they're a bit messy.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Credere_zpsa1f1e93f.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Asshat_zps0fa3aabb.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Fucker1_zps212f874c.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/RaymanOTHERdoodle_zps3f8ae30c.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Deusupload_zpsb1cf28b5.jpg

Just for starters. Please, let me know what you think! Should I keep my day job? lol

EDIT: The only sort of polished one here is the last, Deus. I went through clean-up and color on him unlike the rest of these sketched-out mooks. lol
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Kire's stuff and things Emporium Empty Re: Kire's stuff and things Emporium

Post by JerriLeah7 Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:05 pm

I think your artwork is very beautiful and detailed. I like the shading you have!
    Do you ever do any coloring?
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Thank you very much! And only rarely as I still have much to learn on that front. I am a self-taught line artist, so there is not much education behind my work beyond observation. I'm getting better, however.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Dalton_zps534eb7ec.jpg
    This one is a much older piece, but I enjoy his design.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Orion_zps5ab1bd21.jpg
    This guy has a great haircut, lol

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/AangUpload_zps8b5a93ab.jpg
    This is what happened when I tried a bit of fan art forever ago. I filtered Aang from Avatar the Last Airbender through Dragon Ball Z, lol. The face is terrible, I should have corrected it, but the rest of the details came out well.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/CoExistUpload_zps8e05392d.jpg
    This is one of my first goes at coloring digitally.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Spartan_zps19d238de.jpg
    And I mostly like this guy except for his hobbled looking left foot, lol.

Last edited by Kire-Kitsune on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Wow, your art is awesome! I love the details too. :3
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Much appreciated! I'm working on designs for a comic I'm planning, I think those'll be up in the near future as well. Character design is no walk in the park, though. So many end up down the pipes by the time you even half settle on a final, >___>
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:03 pm

This is Gnostikos, the protagonist of the comic I'm developing. This is pretty close to his final design. My cute little android.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Gnostikos_zpsnujifprv.jpg?t=1425683567

And this is, obviously, Citan. I thought I'd take a crack at Xeno fan art and figured I'd start with him cuz he's one of my favorite characters. I essentially took his portrait:

http://xenogearscentral.tripod.com/citan2.jpg

And rendered it in my style. It's a little rough, but it looks nice.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Citan_zpss1o2m7n2.jpg?t=1425683522

I think I screwed up on his right eye, but no matter.

And lastly, this is an older piece so it's not quite up to my standards, but he is apart of my comic and is roughly where he should be design-wise.

https://2img.net/h/i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab198/orion441/Scan05_zpswsrhitct.jpg?t=1425683358
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:47 pm

I don't know how I skipped this thread! I think your stuff is awesome! I never have patience in most of my visual arts for so many details. It's really impressive. Very Happy
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Thank you, it took a long time to gain that patience. I've been drawing as long as I remember, so I just picked up on a lot of my favorite artists when I was a kid. A whole lotta Dragonball, My Neighbor Totoro, The Secret of NIMH, Megaman Legends and a whole lot of Square RPG's. Yoshitaka Amano, Tetsuya Nomura and Kunihiko Tanaka made my gaming childhood. Which is probably why I render so many androgynous men. *Shrugs*
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:24 pm

I can definitely see the Toriyama and Nomura influence in your work! On some of them, it reminds me of the old Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog series, too. (BTW, Mega Man Legends is one of the only Mega Man games I've been able to play. It's been a really long time since I've played it, but it is wonderful!)
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:01 pm

Sonic was a big influence too, given that my first videogame console was the Sega Genesis. I still love Sonic to this day, especially the original games and cartoons. (Though, when the ol' Hedgehog hits a low note...whoo. It's really, REALLY low.) When drawing furry characters I tend to go for that classic Max Fleischer-era style with the big eyes and expressive muzzles. I can see what you mean about the Archie Sonic influence. Big cartoon eyes and bodies with a lotta techno-doodads and details on them, lol.

Also, Megaman Legends is one of my all time favorite games. Used to be my #1 along with it's sequel and Misadventures of Tron Bonne, but then Capcom decided to raise my hopes about Legends 3 then smash them into little tiny pieces. (And then blame all the fans who supported the idea.) It honestly makes it an emotional battle to play them anymore, I'm sorry to say. Sorry, I have a tendency to go totally off-topic, lol There will be more pics soon, I've been in a fairly artistic mood lately.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:55 am

I love your style, and it's really cool hearing about your influences! (I used to like the old Sonic cartoons a lot, at least the Saturday morning one.) :3
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:36 am

This one is very, very personal. Due to a number of factors at the time, I was depressed. Amidst all this, the most painful thing that occurred was something I can't quite describe. It was this longing for something I couldn't have, at least not in a way that is biologically possible for me. I don't often think about it now, but this image came out of it while I was in that state. As a bit of background, I've a tendency to draw myself as a fox rather than human. (Mostly because my human portrait feels less than flattering. It's a cuter alternative, I think. lol)
    Kire's stuff and things Emporium Scan06_zpslccgltev
    It's not the most profound thing, but it strikes my heart in a way most of my pieces do not so I thought I'd share a bit of my heart with you guys. Jesus, I am so corny. lol
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:42 am

Wow, that is beautiful, and I can feel the emotion in it. <3 I really like the expression.
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:52 pm

Thank you, it's not often I'm spurred to draw something like that. Usually those are either my best or worst depending on my mood. Stress-drawing can end horribly, lol. Garbled messes mostly.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Sorry I fell off this thread a little bit! That last pic you posted was really touching. Some stuff is really stressful to try to draw, and there's a lot of emotion behind this. Props. :3
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm

No problem. Smile Work like that can be stressful but the result is very nice.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:44 pm

I know there's a bit of division on the reception of the comic, but the style reminds me of what I've read of the webcomic "Jack". I read the first chapter of it years ago, and there's a mixed reception for it, but the style reminds me of it.
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:01 am

I've read the majority of Jack and despite it's controversial elements it can be quite good, if incredibly rough around the edges. It is likely because Dave Hopkins, Jack's creator, is inspired by a lot of 80's and 90's anthro animation such as Secret of NIMH and Tiny Toons, stuff like that. A lot of furry artists tend to take inspiration from those sources, myself included. It's a very expressive, exaggerated look that allows for a lot of flexibility and personality. I used to be more anime-inspired but that has faded somewhat as I found my own groove somewhere in between anime and traditional western animation. Also, it's just fun to draw like that. It feels...bouncy. lol
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:23 am

It's always really awesome to have a fun drawing style to default back to! I tend to get a little bit like Opus the Penguin or Robert Valley when I can let go of the anime parts. It's really hard for that component of my art to dislodge, though.
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Post by Kire-Kitsune Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Here's a full pic of my avatar and fursona. It's an older picture so it's not the best, but I like it still.

Kire's stuff and things Emporium Cf1b2989-183b-4a78-89c8-1f810d475ec0_zpss3covsqh
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:57 pm

Nice! I was wondering if there was more to that pic in your ava. :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am