Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+4
Arylett Charnoa
Jintoki
stitchedmoon
7-kurgan-d
8 posters

Soraya Saga Tribute Project?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Soraya Saga Tribute Project? Empty Soraya Saga Tribute Project?

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Hey Folks!
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows that I adore Soraya Saga, and I've been thinking it might be nice to put together a little anthology of fanart for her of the characters and stories she's worked on the most over the years to maybe have it ready for her birthday? (According to wikipedia, her birthday is April 18.)

Anyone interested?  I'm going to reach out to Tumblr next.
    7-kurgan-d
    7-kurgan-d

Location : opposite end of the cosmos in a hidden star, maybe in the Emingrant Fleet or the Pilgrimage Fleet

Soraya Saga Tribute Project? Empty Re: Soraya Saga Tribute Project?

Post by 7-kurgan-d Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:24 am

Kat I would like to help anyway I can. Let me know. I sense your passion on this.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:09 am

I AM ALL ABOUT THIS. |3 I'd love to contribute!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:29 am

If I was anywhere near good at art, I would totally join in. But I shall cheer you guys on! Great idea, Kat!
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:11 am

I only really know of Xeno being in her works, heh. But I was already planning on drawing a few characters. (Like KOS-MOS.) So perhaps I could be in as well?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 pm

I was thinking it'd be cool to do a decentralized delivery to her via twitter for the folks who have twitter, and put a PDF together of folks who don't twitter?  :3c  This project isn't necessarily art-only.  Being a flash mob on twitter would be cool, too!

@Ary, she designed and came up with the backstory for Edgar and Sabin Figaro in FF6 and has at least one original project.  :3  

I was also thinking it'd be cool to send her stuff that we know she likes, like Transformers and JJBA fanthings? IDK. I get real nervous sometimes because she's so awesome and I don't want to come off like a quaking fangirl.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:52 pm

katimus_prime wrote:@Ary, she designed and came up with the backstory for Edgar and Sabin Figaro in FF6 and has at least one original project.  :3  
    And they are totally some of the best twins of any video game, imo (though I guess Albedo and Jr. would be another one of my favorite pairs of twins, if we want to be technical about it). Though, this is coming from a twin himself who doesn't care much for twin stereotypes, so Sabin and Edgar was a breath of fresh air.

Also, Soraya wrote Soma Bringer, though I can't really comment on that game myself.  :/  Anyway, I'm eager to see what you guys make! I'm sure she will love it either way!
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:19 pm

katimus_prime wrote:I was thinking it'd be cool to do a decentralized delivery to her via twitter for the folks who have twitter, and put a PDF together of folks who don't twitter?  :3c  This project isn't necessarily art-only.  Being a flash mob on twitter would be cool, too!

@Ary, she designed and came up with the backstory for Edgar and Sabin Figaro in FF6 and has at least one original project.  :3  

I was also thinking it'd be cool to send her stuff that we know she likes, like Transformers and JJBA fanthings? IDK. I get real nervous sometimes because she's so awesome and I don't want to come off like a quaking fangirl.
    Wow, what a strange coincidence! I'm playing Final Fantasy VI now. Those two are really quite awesome. I already thought Xeno itself was awesome, but FF6 too? That's amazing. Perhaps I could draw one of them then. (Edgar, totally Edgar.) I already respect those who've worked on the Xeno series for making one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced, so I feel I must give one of them some tribute! I probably won't have time to finish it by the date because my work week's just started, but I'll see what I can cook up.

And it's a shame that Soma Bringer wasn't localized. I would play it if it was. >:
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:16 pm

@Arylett Charnoa
    About Soma Bringer, there is an English patch for this game :
    http://nicoblog.org/nds-roms/soma-bringer-english-patched-jpn-nds-rom/

----------

@katimus_prime
    Well I do not have many skills for drawing, and I do not pretend to know all is in the mind of Soraya Saga (aka Kaori Tanaka).

However I suppose what will probably please her would be a work based on a doujin she wrote after the release of FF VI :
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Figaro_no_Kekkon:_Tales_from_Desert

To resumate, this doujin explains all the background elements about Edgar & Sabin that couldn't be inserted in the game itself. They are (globally) very interesting. The doujin deals also with other main characters of FF VI.

The doujin is of course in Japanese, but some partial translations are scattered on the net.
    I put together some stuff here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wuv9xycus6zhrx/FFVI%20Doujin%20by%20S.Saga.zip?dl=0

Remember : some names are different in Japanese (Sabin = Mash).

I heard she also wrote a very good doujin of Xenogears, but I couldn't find anything about this.

As for Xenosaga, it is probably not a good idea to even mention the name of "Xenosaga" : too much bad memories for her.

Anyway I want to say that you have all my support (and my knowledges of FF VI) in this project !

P.S. 1 : here is a picture drawn by S. Saga herself (just guess who is on it) :
    Soraya Saga Tribute Project? Two_kings_by_Solaryear
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/File:Two_kings_by_Solaryear.jpg
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Oh man, good to know that, Val. The last thing I'd want to do for her birthday is upset her.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:14 am

Ah, good call. :E I know she had drawn and maybe tweeted about Xenosaga stuff before, so I wasn't sure if it was OK to bring it up.

On the other hand, I've always kinda wanted to do a FFVI thingy with the Figaro boys and dedicate it to her.
    Jessi
    Jessi

Post by Jessi Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 am

ooof. My drawing skills are rusty. But my web and graphic skills are pretty polished, so let me know if you need anything that way. :3
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 am

Heyhey, sorry I kinda dropped the ball on necroing this thread, but Soraya-san's birthday is on the 18th, which is next Saturday! I'm a lot more behind on this than I wanted to be (damn this overtime at work)!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:30 am

Argh ! 18th ? This is short...

Well I have an idea of present which could be quickly done.

S.Saga is probably quite bitter about Xenosaga stuff in general. When asking about Xenosaga HD possibility on Twitter, her answers were very short and very cold...

But maybe she still can be touched about the only Xenosaga game which wasn't cut off by Namco : Xenosaga Pied Piper. Correct me if I am wrong, but the story part of this mobile game was written by her only, right ?

So I have tought about the Xenosaga Pied Piper fan-manga made by フォレスト (Forest). Actually, it is a video-fan-manga.
    http://xeno-underground.net/oldwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:xenosaga_pied_piper
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/9494773

Why not compiling all the videos (done so far, the work is half-way, roughly) in one video, then posting the video on a video sharing website (my YouTube channel for example) ? Then we will just send the link to the video to her.

To do this, we need a Nico Nico Account, a software which extracts Nico Nico videos, and a MovieMaker-like software (for the compilation). I own all of this.

What do you think about this ?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:16 am

I think that'd be pretty thoughtful, but it's also kinda proof of piracy that someone recorded it in the first place? Since your suggestion to keep things off the subject of XS for her, I've been looking to what she's been drawing currently and have my gift related to Steel Ball Run. To my thinking, if she likes something enough to do a doujinshi during a time when she'd be in crunch for XBX, she must really really like it a lot.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:53 am

From what I recall, she has stated that Pied Piper was only mildly adapted by Monolith, to a lesser extent than Episode II.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 pm

One day left. *A*
    Though as of 12:50pm EST, it's 1:50am in Tokyo, so that's only a matter of hours, holy crap.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:15 am

Sorry for the double-post, but, it's 12am where I am, so I'm postin' my thing to Twitter!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 am

So if I understand well, Soraya Saga has two Twitter accounts ? :
    https://twitter.com/sorayasaga
    https://twitter.com/sorayatokyo

I didn't know the second one.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:56 pm

I happened to catch a tweet from her regular twitter saying that she'd put all her non-game related stuff on sorayatokyo. I think since she's been posting so much, and so many people are watching her for XBX and Jojo fanart, she decided to put her art in one place. I'm just glad I caught that tweet when I did, because I absolutely love her art.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 am