Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

The Last Story

The Last Story Empty The Last Story

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:17 am

So, I'm curious who's played this game? Did you love it? Did you not like it?

For those who haven't heard about it;

It's a game developed by Mistwalker. It's also notably the second of three games released in the Operation Rainfall (along with Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower.) Mistwalker itself is headed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, who created the Final Fantasy series while working at Square (now Square-Enix.) This is also the first project that Sakaguchi has directed since Final Fantasy V.

The Last Story is probably one of the first games I've fallen in love with in some time (with the exception of Xenoblade.) It has a simple but enjoyable plot, a fun battle system that mixes strategy and beat 'em up. In later battles you can even issue separate command patterns to your party which is reminiscent to Final Fantasy. Despite it's few flaws, I feel the good more than outweighs the bad. Occasionally the Wii can't quite keep up with everything going on when a bunch of spells are cast with enemies all over the place so occasionally there's some brief slow down. The game also on average clocks about 20 or so hours, which I am bittersweet about. While that's not really a long game, I still feel it's short, sweet, and to the point.

I could go on and on about the game, but I'm interested to see what other's think about it. Especially since I haven't met many people who have played it!
    Lunaris
    Lunaris

The Last Story Empty Re: The Last Story

Post by Lunaris Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:53 pm

I haven't yet played The Last Story, but it's on of the many games on my list to buy. I really don't know anything about it though. Chances are it will be a long while before I actually do play it, because I have to play through the 10 or so unplayed games that I actually own, including Xenoblade. But I will no doubt get to it eventually! It's sure to be enjoyable.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am