Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+9
Xernova
stitchedmoon
katimus_prime
LadyTwi
TheMagician
RED ODA
kare_reiko
Jintoki
BlueMetal
13 posters

What were your first games ever?

BlueMetal
    BlueMetal

What were your first games ever? Empty What were your first games ever?

Post by BlueMetal Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:46 pm

As the topic says, what games did you play when you first got into gaming?

My very first few games were, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt NES combo cartridge, Tetris, and Mega Man 3. Started with Mario back when I was about 3-4 years old. :biggrin2: Here I am at age 21 and still a huge fan of Mario and Mega Man.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

What were your first games ever? Empty Re: What were your first games ever?

Post by Jintoki Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 am

I was introduced to gaming with the SNES, so my first game was Donkey Kong Country. I would later play various Super Mario games, but I was lame and never really played any RPGs like Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger. I wouldn't get sucked into RPGs until I got a PS1 and played FFVIII.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 am

My first system was a Game Boy Advanced? And the first game that really sucked me into wide world of gaming was likely Pokemon Crystal. c:
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 am

My first games were too NES games, I played a lot in Chip & Dale, Ninja Cats, Marios and all those cardrige games.
    Funny thing because I was cleaning attic lately and I find my old NES console, I don't know if it works or not since I don't have any cardrige, maybe I shouldn't trow it away yet.
    Next will be computer and my first game was Tomb rider and GTA XD, first game I brought was Might and Magic 7.
    My first JRPG was FF7 at that time, it was only Demo, I brought FF8 after that.
    RED ODA
    RED ODA

Post by RED ODA Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Some version of Street Fighter 2, Final Fight, Robocop and Golden Axe (I don't remember which one) on master system, 1991/1992.

My first JRPG was FF7 Jp, which I stopped playing because I knew nothing about Japanese at the time. Then Parasite Eve and then FF7 western.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 pm

It suddenly occurs to me what a baby I really am in this fandom, oh dear LORD.

I-I wasn't even born in 1991! Oh man, I'm just gonna go hide in my little tiny college-aged corner. ;A;
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:15 pm

I was introduced to gaming by friend of mine who had an NES. The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros.

Of course, I didn't get my first console until 1995, which was the Sega Genesis. The first two games I ever owned are Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic and Knuckles (both were bundled with the console). That's when (I guess I can call it a gaming career lol) started and I just took off from there. I stuck with the Genesis until I got a Dreamcast in 1998. Down the line, I get a Ps2, Nintendo DS, and now, a Ps3. I'm no where near done either. :biggrin2:
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:00 am

My parents bought an SNES and Super Mario World when I was three years old, so around 1994, and I used to play that a lot with my little sister watching. :3 We also got Mario Paint and some golfing game that we played around on. I remember renting Yoshi's Island and Super Mario RPG a lot, and *I think* a Final Fantasy game (3/6 I guess?), though my memory is a bit fuzzy.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:30 pm

This thread makes me feel ancient. ^^ I was 10 when I first started gaming. My father got an Atari from a thrift store. I think the very first thing I ever played was either Super Breakout, Adventure or Yar's Revenge.

When I was 11, things REALLY ramped up because my dad got us an actual NES and I started playing Dragon Warrior and Fester's Quest.

/gets walker, shuffles back to the old folks home

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:44 pm

katimus_prime wrote:This thread makes me feel ancient. ^^ I was 10 when I first started gaming. My father got an Atari from a thrift store. I think the very first thing I ever played was either Super Breakout, Adventure or Yar's Revenge.

When I was 11, things REALLY ramped up because my dad got us an actual NES and I started playing Dragon Warrior and Fester's Quest.

/gets walker, shuffles back to the old folks home

/puts on a bonnet, climbs into a crib with a Game Boy Advanced and a Gamecube
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 pm

katimus_prime wrote:This thread makes me feel ancient. ^^

Old people represent. |3

I think my folks had an Atari, but the first games I actually remember playing were the original Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda, when I was like ... 3 or 4 years old, maybe?  My parents used to play too (I particularly remember my mom's favorite games being Adventure for the Atari, and the aforementioned Zelda).  When I was a little older, some friends lent us their copy of the original Final Fantasy, and we all played it together as a family (everybody got to pick their character in the party; I was the White Mage).  I had never been so emotionally invested in a game before, and it had a huge influence on my poor impressionable little imagination.  So I kind of blame Final Fantasy for changing my life. owo

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Tue May 03, 2016 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 am

BlueMetal wrote:My very first few games were, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt NES combo cartridge
    This. My very first game ever was also the 2-in-1 Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt NES cartridge.

Now if you'd ask me which I played first;

Super Mario Bros or Duck Hunt... that much I don't remember. ^~^;
    BlueMetal
    BlueMetal

Post by BlueMetal Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 am

Xernova wrote:
    BlueMetal wrote:My very first few games were, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt NES combo cartridge
    This. My very first game ever was also the 2-in-1 Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt NES cartridge.

Now if you'd ask me which I played first;

Super Mario Bros or Duck Hunt... that much I don't remember. ^~^;

Haha, good stuff. I don't remember which one I picked first either, but I do know that it was my very first game. And I have the very same cartridge signed by the voice of Mario himself, Charles Martinet. :biggrin2: He was at my city's anime con last month.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:38 am

ahhhhh.....don't really remember but i think it was a motorcycle game on amstrad^^'

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:27 am

The first game I owned (aside a polystation console which had some fake classics lol) was Megaman x6,one of my favorites and still working Smile
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:12 am

Can't really remember what had started it all, but I think I was introduced to things like Tetris (or "Brick Game" as the package insisted) and "Just you wait!" - both of them being some kind of Nintendo knock-off that looked something like a Gameboy that couldn't change the game(s) it was loaded with at the factory that we had here in ex-USSR - as hand-held 'toys' sometime around the age of 7.

Neighbours' SNESes (or "Dendy") contributed games like Contra, Super Mario Bros, Chip&Dale, TMNT 2, 3 and 4 and a whole slew of others.

Some SEGA MEGADRIVE II (no who-knows-out-of-nowhere names this time did not guarantee quality however) games like Sonic, Shining Force, Cannon Fodder and Mortal Kombat (once again played at various neighbouring flats) came a bit later.

By the time I was 10 dad have managed to sneak me near his working station IBM PC (33 hz in turbo mode, FTW!) and show me Heretic, Hexen, Wolfenstein 3D, LHX and Wing Commander (and a wole slew of card games and 5-balls-in-a-line type of arcades) he and his collegues were playing when they had the chance.

Some hurried Golden Axe II in the 'computer science' class we had on the side, some ogling a guy at a videogames' store counter playing what I (much) later recognized as PS2's FFX (it was the first airship boss fight too Very Happy) and other such sneak peeks had managed to last me until our family had a PC of their own.

Some years later when internet access became cheap and stable enough I've discovered how much I along with the people I grew up with have missed out on. Such things as Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Street Fighter, Super Robot Wars (and Xenogears/Xenosaga too, by the way) and many, many other wonderful games (and whole gaming systems) simply weren't there for us by the virtue of not getting on our stores' shelves for some reason or another.

Makes me a sad panda when I almost beg my friends to ignore what they might've seen on the internet, throw out all prejudice about 'silly anime stuff' for a minute and try out, say, FFVII for themselves - only to fail miserably.
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Spy vs. Spy and the very first Zelda game were my first games. :3

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:41 pm

I'm pretty sure Street Fighter EX and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver were my first games I've played
    *accidentally revives death thread*
    opkij
    opkij

Post by opkij Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:43 pm

I have to be boring and write Super Mario Bros 1 here but as a bonus my first RPG was Soulblazer, what a game!
    Shizukesa
    Shizukesa

Post by Shizukesa Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:01 pm

same for me. old nes & arcades back when arcades existed Razz
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Speaking of early video game experiences!  A few months back I was going through my family's home videos and found a lot of footage of us playing video games like this one from circa 1989 (I have no idea what it is and no actual memory of playing it outside of that video, so it was probably a rental or something).

Another one I remembered recently (and was surprised, when I googled it, to find out it had actually existed and wasn't a hallucination induced by excessive sugar content in the breakfast cereals of the day):

Baby Boomer.

In which you shoot at obstacles in the path of an otherwise unattended baby as it crawls through such entertaining locales as "a graveyard" and "literally hell." I could make jokes about aggressive baby-proofing and/or parenting 'Murica style ... WITH A GUN but I think it speaks for itself, honestly.  Also, no wonder I never wanted kids. o_o;

Edit: And while I'm combing through my nostalgia tags on tumblr, please enjoy this badass track from one of my favorite childhood games, Robo Warrior! (P.S., the VGJunk blog is one of my favorites for old and/or obscure game stuff. :3c )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 am