Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3

kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Empty Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3

Post by kare_reiko Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22 am

I'm recreating topic that I made on godsibb.
    When I had still my old TV (CRT) I always thought I see some movement under white flashes in Lost Yerusalem FMV. That one when Shion going to get back Mary/Maria soul, after she talk with chaos under that big stone cross we have some flash backs. First is Mary and chaos listen Jesus, then we start fun, we have first white flash.
    Thanks for some other model exporter from ps2 games I was able to catch and open those scenes. They are untextured and unfixed, so on scenshoots are only shapes. I done them with 3 different settings of light (flat, normal, and more shaded) in 3D making soft.

So first hided scene is chaos turning out to the doors. It's possible to see that they made some furniture and dishes for house.
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Ic7m
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Oklq

Second scene while this flash back is this one. chaos is closer to camera view, in scene we only see his hand and Mary has more close up view. Mary is sitting on ground behind him, telling him something.
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 3mk8
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Oelm
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 X1e

Then white flash ends and we see this scene in game when chaos standing in doors back to view and Mary. Shion talk about anger etc. Then we have next white flash. Well here is nothing very important but scene had close up to Mary crying face while holding someone. Camera view was more closer then script catch.
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 C1zw
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Ey1q

Most important and reason why I recreating this topic is question who Mary hold? I make shoot this scene too, to have clear. I'd remove cape from model and this is what I got:
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 6hxk
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 E6mf
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Vj9e

So, that's not chaos model, not Maiden. I think that they didn't have Maiden model at that time since they decide to cut out Lost Yerusalem gameplay or they didn't have more space on disc to build this whole part into story. Money or timeline? It's yours to choose, we will never know anyway.
    If it would be chaos they would just use his model as in last two scenes.
    So who is it? It's random caped model that was used as Maiden. One of those that was in Jesus scene. Here is hacked scenshoot of it in game:
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 7klw
    If we import that model alone too in 3D making soft, and move cape we will see the same face.
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Z2ob

I think that would be all. Any question? If there any then don't worry to ask Wink.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Empty Re: Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3

Post by katimus_prime Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:49 am

Oh wow, I'm glad you reposted this, Kare! This is really interesting. I really can't tell who this is. I had thought at least that Jesus had a model already because we see the back of his head in another scene. Maybe this was the front of his model in progress? The hair looks way too short, but it's also little, so it could have been a work in progress.

The flat false color silhouettes look really cool! It makes me wish I had the same programs so I could watch the whole game like that. *w*
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 am

Yeah Jesus have a model, even in HQ quality, it's in other folder of models, I think NPC, I never thought about fixing it, it would be strange XD.
    Model of Hooded parson I posted in scenshoots is in folder where you have random people that don't fit "city people" category.
    From Lost Yerusalem files thare are: Mary, chaos flawless, Jesus, Hooded people.
    I wonder if there are some interesting maps but there is no script that would convert .map files from ep3 (and ep1) into program directly.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Another thing I thought about at the last second, because of the similar hair and face shape, it might also be Wilhelm?
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 pm

That would be strange since Perfect Guide say that Wilhelm was Cesar at that time. SEcond thing is that those red shape that looks like hair it's in 90% texture of shadow, not hair. Rendering of shadows, light isn't possible in games from ps2 so they used shadow or light map that have optical mask on them so they look like they were normal lights. I fixed some maps and characters from XS and they always used this cheat so this one is probably the same.
    I would have 100% if I would rip this model texture, but it wouldn't have any worth for me (since those models textures have very low quality).

Here is Jesus model scenshoot, not mine, someone done it a long time ago, when I wasn't yet making my own animations, hacks etc.
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 >jpg
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for bringing these back, Kare! Those screenshots are really interesting and mysterious.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 am

Abel from Xenoten asked me to take shots of this random model in ingame model viewer. This is what I got. I was mistake, it's have hair. But still I don't think we would fit this person int "known characters"

Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 Pqek
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 P1e
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 5tn4
    Lost Yerusalem hided scenes in ep3 D1a
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Huh, very interesting. O_o Glad Abel asked.
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Like a mix between Young Kevin and older Abel. With a freakishly large body xD
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks for sharing!

I find it interesting that they had 'whole' models for these characters when it is the norm to see models that don't have anything on the side we don't see during gameplay in many games.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 am

I always feel like Lost Yerusalem was meant to be played in game, at last in way as Yuriev Institute was in ep2, and whole story of Mary/chaos/Maiden were meant to show much more but was cut. It wouldn't be surprise they done whole npc models for that location in that way.
    Cutscene that they are shown are rendered by ps2 machine so it's no surprise those models are on cd, I'm more surprised that Older Nephilim model is there since it was used in game only in pre-rendered cutscene.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:44 am

Man, that would have been awesome to play. Though I'm sure that that alone would have gotten its release in the west compromised.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 am

^ I agree, that would be problematic. Maybe that was one of many reasons why it was cut to way it was.
    In Xenogears there are changes in translation because of that reason. Ethos was originally in Japan ver called just "Church" and some places names that are from Bible are changed too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 am