Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+2
RadicalDreamer
Xernova
6 posters

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears

Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears Empty Things you've found on the net about Xenogears

Post by Xernova Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 am

This thread had some great finds on Godsibb, so I'm bringing this back and hoping to see more great Xenogears material! :]

I don't have anything new, so I'll repost a XG joke-video from the old thread (reposts of old finds are more than welcome too!);

"Lay off the pills, Elly!"
    (It might take a while to load)

You can turn the ads in the video off by clicking the text bubble in the bottom right corner.
    (Well, I don't see any ads anymore in the video either way, I guess they've been removed?)

Last edited by Xernova on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed/updated the link)
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears Empty Re: Things you've found on the net about Xenogears

Post by RadicalDreamer Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:02 pm

This gem right here :
    [youtube:1sdi9are]QlMuQzCgNLk[/youtube:1sdi9are]
    I can't believe I only discovered it a few days ago (the concert took place late 2012). This orchestra is my favorite right now (did you hear the recent FF6 and FF7 medleys ? You should, they're amazing) and while the time spend on Xenogears is really too short (and this battle theme isn't the best music in the game), they still did something great with the songs (something Myth didn't exactly dare to do) and they said they're not over with Xenogears. I hear you, guys. I hear you...
    And if you have a NicoNico account, this fanvideo is pretty amusing : http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20060682
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears Empty Re: Things you've found on the net about Xenogears

Post by katimus_prime Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:09 am

Bumping this thread because of reasons. I haven't actually found anything new, tho.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:42 pm

I think Zeal may have linked me to this once, but this Xenogears piano medley is nothing short of godly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b-Xavv07Y8
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:05 am

That is damn godly. :D

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Indeed D: I love that video!

Here are two other XG music videos I found at Nicovideo today:
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12227393?ref=search_key_video
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5369083?ref=search_key_video

(If you don't have a nicovideo account, you can just copy and paste those links in that "URL" field at the right-hand corner of this other page http://nicoviewer.net/ \o/)
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:31 pm

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/square-enix-music-live1?utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=ustre-am&utm_medium=social

My inner fangirl jumped a little from surprise when In a Prison of Peace and Regret started playing. Apparently, Square-Enix advertize their Artnia shop with Xenogears music too. That's nice.
    I wish I could go to the Artnia cafe. FF themed food and drinks  :dead3:.

Also, I found this :
    https://twitter.com/cyababa/status/408583202475745280/photo/1/large
    Seems like a new concert is going to be taking place next week.

EDIT :

And this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YzHAkgRFZY
    One Who Bares Fangs at God acapella  :2thumbs: . Read a comment like "meh, could have used a better song from the ost but it's great" ... It IS one of the best song of the ost for me !
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:28 am

*up the thread*
    I bring you a new (very cute) video from NicoNico, based on something I think is called "

Smooooch"

(don't know where it's from but it's very popular in MAD videos apparently) :
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22860675
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Up the thread again for... this... thing :

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm23086928

I don't even know but I stared at it until it ended. And the voices... At least, it's not "sex in the gaz chamber", ahah.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Mon May 05, 2014 7:34 am

Is this thread for audio/video finds only? If not, then my only find as of yet was this:

http://lparchive.org/Xenogears-%28by-The-Dark-Id%29/

I've found this LP both informative and funny. Reading through it right after my first playthrough has helped me to settle a good deal of questions of the 'is this a retcon, or did I miss something?' type. The author's sense of humour is rather... peculiar though, so I'm not sure if everyone would like that aspect of it.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Tue May 20, 2014 11:05 am

Yikari wrote:Reading through it right after my first playthrough has helped me to settle a good deal of questions of the 'is this a retcon, or did I miss something?' type. The author's sense of humour is rather... peculiar though, so I'm not sure if everyone would like that aspect of it.
    I was reading the LP when it was in progress and I gotta say... what bothered me is that a bunch of people in the thread were pretty much bashing Xenogears. And the author seemed to have mixed feelings about the game (but at least, he did like it overall so that's cool). Still, the game has flaws so... I can handle criticism and those kind of parodic LP that make the flaws and dumb parts of the game more obvious (well, the authors can sometimes exaggerate too but those are parodies anyway).
    Overall, I can say I had fun reading the LP alone... and there is also this one (which is incomplete) : http://whatdoesgodneedwithastarship.com/

Anyway, I came to post this : https://twitter.com/Subeaki/status/467908393370263553/photo/1
    I don't know where the page is from but apparently... those are various old concept arts from Square.
    Fei can be seen... and from the look of it, i'd say Soraya Saga drew him.
    He had shorter hair, no crazy lock of hair and the pants reminds me more of the stuff Sigurd wears.

I have to say, Fei looks better with bangs (I'd just prefer him with a tamer hairstyle that the one he ended up getting though)... and slightly shorter hair (like Elly, I think their hair look WAYYY too long *still, here, I think the ponytail looks too short ahah*... and Elly's are completely inappropriate for the military... I could see her wearing a bun and rocking it to fix that... however, that's not the only part of the female Elements design that seem inappropriate in a military context lol, even if this military = basically fantasy sky nazis... Citan used to have shorter hair as an Element though sooo*)... and the pants reminds me more of the stuff Sigurd wears.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Tue May 20, 2014 11:00 pm

"Something like what Sigurd wears" is not a compliment, you know? Very Happy
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Wed May 21, 2014 5:41 am

Yikari wrote:"Something like what Sigurd wears"is not a compliment, you know? Very Happy

Didn't mean it like that lol... It's just... his pants are less common than Fei's baggy pants. Bart's pants are also special. That being said, I prefer Bart and Sig's designs by far. Fei will always be kind of design fail to me (the colors, crazy hair, the SHOES...). I know his design should be relaxed... as a guy who loved living in the middle of nowhere and does martial arts... but I never really liked the design he ended up with. Even the chara designer wasn't really satisfied with him.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Thu May 22, 2014 2:25 am

Fei's shoes don't look sensible on the concept art, that's for sure. Very Happy

But that's the thing I like about Xenogears' spritework - it smoothed out a lot of 'too anime to live' designs into something much easier on the eyes. All those mankini, strange-looking half jacket, half cloak things that will just cover a person's shoulders and nothing else, etc. The only loss I could spot between the art character portraits were cropped out of and the in-game sprites is that Bart's skin tone came out wrong. (Well, his hair too, but that kind of bleached out in the sun look ended up looking better than bright saturated yellow in the portrait, IMHO.)
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat May 24, 2014 9:34 am

Yikari wrote:Is this thread for audio/video finds only? If not, then my only find as of yet was this:

http://lparchive.org/Xenogears-%28by-The-Dark-Id%29/

I've found this LP both informative and funny. Reading through it right after my first playthrough has helped me to settle a good deal of questions of the 'is this a retcon, or did I miss something?' type. The author's sense of humour is rather... peculiar though, so I'm not sure if everyone would like that aspect of it.
    I've read through most of that LP. Generally, it was a fun read. The humor is a bit of a hit-and-miss case, at least to my liking. I think the silliest thing in the whole LP was this "running gag" that Fei kept saying Billy's name wrong, which I found rather... well, silly (in a non-funny way).

Oh, and this thread is literally for any Xenogears-related things you've found on the net, it doesn't matter what kind. ^^

RadicalDreamer wrote:and there is also this one (which is incomplete) : http://whatdoesgodneedwithastarship.com/
    I've read this one too. Also a fun read, but I wish it was complete... :[

On a sidenote, in the original thread on Godsibb someone linked to a video on YouTube of someone who created the Soylent System as a Minecraft area. I can't find that vid anymore (iirc it was in Japanese). Would anyone happen to know where to find this video?

Last edited by Xernova on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed/updated the links)
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sat May 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Just found this today:

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears 508c39e3b45a023a9213bf2159806eb1_zpsc80b1192

Yes, that is Weltall in SRW chibi format. Very Happy
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat May 24, 2014 6:18 pm

^ Lol, chibi Weltall. Cute!  Very Happy

Oh, btw... I've been searching for that Soylent System Minecraft video... and finally found it again!
    Or well, this appears to be a newer/updated version. It's longer than the original, but I'm not sure what the new content has to do with Xenogears...

Anyway, here it is;

Soylent System in Minecraft

Up until 5:32 is a recreation of Xenogears' Soylent System scenes, what comes after that is... well, I have no idea, maybe commentary on how the video was made? *shrug*

Last edited by Xernova on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed/updated the link)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon May 26, 2014 7:14 am

Woooo, those chibi gears are the best!! I need to watch the vid later, but I didn't wanna lose my spot on the thread.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Mon May 26, 2014 7:39 am

There are some quite interesting things one can find while trawling places like safebooru for pics. Case in point:

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears 6c78b9512b31b0c2fe9fb4bd57f8ad06638f8587_zps158fcea7

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who wondered where commander Ramsus stood on the issue of all all that combining transformation business. :D

Or this one:

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears 4d6e82a782f54d877d57d93c7b50da18271c2352_zps8b2df14e

With all that martial arts movies tropes Xenogears has, this kind of thing would fit right in, IMHO.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri May 30, 2014 7:27 am

Hehe, that first one is the background on my tiny, cruddy pc laptop. The second one is really cool too, tho!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 pm

I forget if this was posted elsewhere, but after a friend posted Smooth McGroove's cover of the Chrono Trigger opening, I had to dig The One Who Bares His Fangs at God up.

[youtube:6a3hx5c4]3YzHAkgRFZY[/youtube:6a3hx5c4]
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:25 pm

katimus_prime wrote:I forget if this was posted elsewhere, but after a friend posted Smooth McGroove's cover of the Chrono Trigger opening, I had to dig The One Who Bares His Fangs at God up.

Heheh, great. I've seen it before (pretty sure it's somewhere in this thread), but it's definitely impressive.

However, having listened to a lot of other Acapella songs done by that guy, I actually find this one less impressive compared to some of his other works. I'm not sure if One Who Bares Fangs at God was the best choice of Xenogears music to convert into an Acapella song. I absolutely love the original theme, but as an Acapella song I feel it loses some of its intensity. It feels less "epic" somehow. But that's just me. ^~^;

Last edited by Xernova on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Xernova wrote:I'm not sure if One Who Bares Fangs at God was the best choice of Xenogears music to convert into an Acapella song. I absolutely love the original theme, but as an Acapella song I feel it loses some of its intensity. It feels less "epic" somehow. But that's just me. ^~^;
    No one can beat those Bulgarian singers in the "mystery/epic" category, I'm afraid.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Had to hold off my play through for a number of reasons. Hopefully, will start it this week and post new impressions.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 am

This isn't really a find, but well, I do find this rather interesting. These are the results of today's poll on GameFAQs;

Things you've found on the net about Xenogears GameFAQsPoll_zpsa1fe4276

I am pleasantly surprised to see Xenogears getting the most votes here. Honestly, before I saw the results, I was expecting Metal Gear Solid to be the top vote. But for the most part, Xenogears strongly stands out as the favorite (with only Banjo-Kazooie playing catch-up).

Last edited by Xernova on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 am