Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+2
Xernova
Jintoki
6 posters

Xenosaga: Turning 11

Jintoki
    Jintoki

Xenosaga:  Turning 11 Empty Xenosaga: Turning 11

Post by Jintoki Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Happy anniversary, Xenosaga!  Well, today marks the 10th anniversary of the American release, Thursday marking the 11th anniversary of the Japanese release.

And since today is the American anniversary, here's the English commercial that came out so many years ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcfbxuFpx98

Anybody doing anything special?  I might try to get my butt in gear and work on more XenoComi.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Xenosaga:  Turning 11 Empty Re: Xenosaga: Turning 11

Post by Xernova Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Huh... I had no idea. Funny, many people had been looking forward to Xenogears' 15th anniversary, but I hadn't heard anything about Xenosaga's at all. ^^;

Well, nifty! But no, I'm not doing anything special. However, if Thursday marks the 11th anniversary in Japan, then I might hop on Pixiv on Thursday to see if anyone did any special artwork or such. :]

* Come to think of it, I've never seen a Xenosaga anniversary of anything other than Episode 1. Do the other 2 games not count? xD They should get celebrated too when their anniversary comes up!
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Wow, it already year has pass? I didn't think it was so long time ago (I was doing Shion poster for japan 10th).

Well it's like birthday of serie that's why it's always counting from Ep1 Wink
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Very true, though, like Kare said, Episode I's anniversary is usually counted as the entire series' birth. Though, actually, I do believe Episode II came out in February of 2005 (might have been the U.S. release, but I'm too lazy to check). I do, however, know that Episode III's anniversaries are in July/August (Japanese/American release dates).
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm

I think I'll do some fanart. :3
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm

I am 99.9% positive Ep. II came out in Feb. of 2005, because I got Ep. I in Jan. and was thrilled I didn't have to wait long for the second game.

Happy anniversary, Xenosaga!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm

^Lucky you! Waiting for Episode II nearly drove me crazy...I'm glad we didn't have to wait quite so long for Episode III.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Well, perfect timing, I suppose. I decided to start working on getting all of the music out of Episode 3. I'll make a thread about it, but it involves me pulling the files off of the disc and converting them. Of course, none are identified by anything other than a number, so I'll need some help naming them properly, if anyone is willing to help.
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Well, I didn't plan on doing anything particularly special. I just keep looking back in amazement at just how much time has passed since EpI was released. It seems like I just played it yesterday sometimes, and I recall some of the game's segments as if I did.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 am

kare_reiko wrote:Well it's like birthday of serie that's why it's always counting from Ep1 Wink
    Jintoki wrote:Very true, though, like Kare said, Episode I's anniversary is usually counted as the entire series' birth.  Though, actually, I do believe Episode II came out in February of 2005 (might have been the U.S. release, but I'm too lazy to check).  I do, however, know that Episode III's anniversaries are in July/August (Japanese/American release dates).
    Oh, I see. I'd personally just go with celebrating each episode separately, especially since they've all got their own style and are quite different from eachother. ^^

chibi wrote:I am 99.9% positive Ep. II came out in Feb. of 2005, because I got Ep. I in Jan. and was thrilled I didn't have to wait long for the second game.
    Jintoki wrote:^Lucky you!  Waiting for Episode II nearly drove me crazy...I'm glad we didn't have to wait quite so long for Episode III.
    Heh, I didn't have to wait for XSII at all;

when I first started playing Xenosaga, Episode II had just been released in America (no European version yet at that time). I imported Episode I + II together, so after finishing XSI, I happily continued with XSII right away!

But I still had to wait for Episode III in excitement along with everyone else. xD

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 am

*lazy to write your comments with another words*
    Happy birthday, xenosaga!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am