Xeno Fannage!

PS4

PS4

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:53 pm

So, did you guys watch the Playstation Meeting? You know, the conference where Sony talked about the PS4 yesterday.
    What did you think of it? Personally I don't think it's time for a new generation yet, and none of the launch titles really got me excited either. I know have a very strict taste in games, I actually play very few of them, but revealing another shooter after hours of talking about innovation and revolution and creativity is just going too far for me T.T
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Re: PS4

Post by chibi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm

I feel the PS3 is still quite powerful, and I don't have the need for a new console. I caught bits and pieces of the conference, but the only thing that caught my attention was S-E showing a tech demo we've ALREADY SEEN. I feel like that company is really starting to slide downhill.

Anyway, regarding the PS4 - it sounds really powerful itself, but considering I just got a PS3 a little over a year ago, I'm completely set for now.

Post by salut hurricane on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 pm

I agree in that we haven't had enough time with the current generation to really be bored of it or to even warrant another batch of consoles, especially if they're going to put a ridiculously high price tag on the damn thing anyway, so people won't be lining up to get them without strong enough reason to. Though I'm assuming they're chatting about it because the Wii-U is gallivanting around the universe and Sony wants in on the customers. Personally I think they should be trying to expand their digital library in the Store and finally getting some of those more difficult to implement games (Omega Boost bothering me the most) as well as the plethora of independent titles being released, out there. And for f*ck's sake not to region lock it >__>

If I can buy blu-ray and ps3 games from all over the world and do what I want with it, why region lock the cheap stuff? Seriously.
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 pm

I never saw the conference, but enough people were talking about it on Twitter for me to get the gist. I myself am completely happy with the consoles I have now and have no intention of getting the PS4 until they get enough games out for it that interest me that I can justify getting it. I haven't had my PS3 all that long nor my Vita and I don't have all that many games for either of those as it is, so it'll probably be quite a while. I just feel like Sony could put more into what they have now instead of trying to make a new console that no one feels it's time for.

Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Yeah, I'm with everyone else. I'm still content with my PS3. The one cool thing that got me about the PS4, though, was that you could stream your games to the Vita. But I'm not going to buy an entire console to do that. As far as next-gen goes, I'm actually leaning towards WiiU, mainly because of Monolithsoft's next game and Bayonetta 2, but I'm going to continue to keep my open before making any purchases.

Post by Xernova on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 am

I didn't see the conference either and didn't even know about it until I saw a few people on PSN with "PS4 announced!" or such as their PSN message. Well, I don't think it's time for a PS4 so soon either, but I get the feeling Nintendo's release of the WiiU had something to do with it. Sony kept saying they had no plans for a next console yet and that the PS3 would carry on for about 10 more years. Then suddenly the WiiU is revealed & released and Sony follows up with the PS4 soon after. Yeah...

Anyways, I've always been loyal to Playstation, but like others have said, I don't have any plans either to get the PS4 so soon. I'll be waiting as well until there are enough games for it which really interest me. Of course, knowing myself, any major release from a game series which is exclusive to the PS4 would be enough to convince me. I got the PS2 when Silent Hill 2 was released and the PS3 because Metal Gear Solid 4 was coming out for it (and the Gamecube for Resident Evil REmake & Zero). And the WiiU is on my to-buy list mainly for Xenoblade and its follow-up. It really doesn't take much for me to get interested in a console xD (only Microsoft would have to perform miracles before I'm even willing to look at their Xbox, 'cause I'm deeply allergic to Microsoft).

TheMagician

Post by TheMagician on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Man, I haven't even had my own Ps3 for a year yet. I like what I heard about the PS4 so far (I watched a vlog about it by Angry Joe who was actually at the conference), but I can't believe it is hitting us so quickly. If memory serves me right, I think Joe said it'll be here in time for the 2013 holidays.

Personally I think the Ps3 has a lot of life left in it. I'm not ready to jump to its successor yet, and I probably won't until we're a while into the PS4's lifespan.
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:00 pm

I don't know what will have ps4 inside, but as it was said ps3 was enough already.
    There are two problems with next playstation console.
    One, making games for ps3 it's already expensive and to keep graphic high quality, it will need more money, more time to get done. So if it won't sold in millions then games will be ot worth of making. We can forget to get stories like XS/XG has.

Second thing is that ps3 didn't get enough good games. I'm happy that like Tales of and got from friend some copy of jap games, else for me, who play mostly JRPG, there isn't many good games on ps3. Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Tales, were the only nice titles I remember from that console. FFXIII itself wasn't that bad, what they made in next parts... Even U-DO would be scared XD. My PS3 jump into box now and it wait for something interesting but I don't think it will any soon, or maybe never...

PS3 should stay for 10 years like ps2 and ps1 did.

Such a moment of such peace...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:18 pm