Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+2
HikariKuragari
Neosmith
6 posters

Crispin Freeman at Otakon

Crispin Freeman at Otakon Empty Crispin Freeman at Otakon

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

The Announcement: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=468235849892251&set=a.207420809307091.47944.143322955716877&type=1

So Gaignun/Albedo is gonna be at Otakon this year. And I'll probably be stuck in Alaska, unable to attend. Kat, if there's a year that you MUST go, it's this one. And if you do I need you to at the very least get me a recording of him doing Albedo's voice. Maybe get something signed. I'm quite sad that I probably won't get to go, because I have been waiting for him to come to Otakon. But these things happen.
    Neosmith

Crispin Freeman at Otakon Empty Re: Crispin Freeman at Otakon

Post by Neosmith Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm

There's some videos of him doing Albedo impressions and talking about the character online. I can put in some links if anyone's interested.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

I wish I could get to that con. I only can afford to go to cons for Artist Alley, and that is one of the ones that's impossible to get into.
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Post by HikariKuragari Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 pm

I met him before in a convention he's awesome ! ^-^

I know I might, I say MIGHT be able to go to Otakon this year, but it depend on many factors. I hope I could go again to get to meet him once again haha.

(And for info he remember well his voices as albedo and gaignon so you could ask him lines or something, of course bring him the lines and he'll do it =p)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Oh man, Otakon. *A* I definitely want to go this year! I might be able to?? Deadlines and stuff at work are pretty steep, but if I ask off now, I should be able to get it did. ^^ Man, last time Crispin Freeman was at Otakon, I spent my entire Saturday in line to get his autograph and got so nervous that I think I came off as cold. X_x I'll have to get my greasy mitts on some sort of recording device or app on my phone. It'd be awesome to have him say hi to all of us! *w*

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:12 am

Bringing this back because I managed to snag the English artbooks for Episodes I and III (I'd have him sign the Ep. I artbook), and I need someone who is both going to Otakon and would be willing to wait in line to get them signed for me. I'd be willing to pay for shipping (both ways) and a reasonable amount for your time (I was thinking up to $35 for time spent, at say $6 an hour? I'd be going on the honor system here. That could cover a good portion of your pass to Otakon).

(Of course you'd need to give me your address or an address that you can pick the book up from. Also I need an answer on this ASAP so I can get this in the mail as soon as possible. A trip from Alaska to Maryland can take a while for a package unless I pay out the wazoo.)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 pm

So, it turns out that I'm unable to make it this year due to my financial situation.  I would definitely stand in line for you if I could afford getting in.  >_<

Generally due to time, I know he'll only sign one, though.  At least that's what happened the first year he was at Otakon.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 pm

I would go if it wasn't such a long drive.  Along with him being there, Evangelion 3.0 is going to be there, so it pains me to miss all of that awesomeness.  Sad
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:47 am

And being stuck in the UK means nono. The comicons near me are really small, and rarely have known VA's. Although last year in London we had Jack, Miranda and Femshep i think. But the queues were longer than the day lasted Sad

Also nobody in the UK has heard of Xenosaga. Its still my goal to find someone who has played them in the UK in person xD

But yes, someone should go, and ask him to do a line from Albedo, hmmm, what line would that be?
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:49 am

^ That could be hard. I have friend (from Poland) who lives in UK (London), he played in Xenoblade, got Xenogears and was playing with me a little of Xenosaga, but he's busy in work to play it all.

No surprise to no find person in Europe who play all Xenosaga, you need or hack you console to play NTSC or play it on emulator.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:28 pm

This is from january?Ohh...I remember now,I didn't see this because I though it was Hikari's video xD

^Yes kare that's true,stupid color systems x.x...
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Good news, everyone! My family had a last minute winfall and it turns out I can go after all! The only nad thing bout this is thay I can only find my XSIII art book and not my XSI one, but I will get it signed and sent to you if it's the only thing I do at the con.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:04 pm

So, bad news. Both Hikari and I were turned away 4 people after they cut the line for the autograph sessions off.  >_<

Sorry, man. Maybe next time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content