Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

Cardcaptor Sakura

Cardcaptor Sakura Empty Cardcaptor Sakura

Post by Guest Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Only the best magical girl anime ever. Has anyone else seen it? I'm a big Tomoyo x Sakura shipper myself.

Cardcaptor Sakura Empty Re: Cardcaptor Sakura

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:53 pm

when you say Cardcaptor Sakura, are you referring to Cardcaptors? It was an anime they showed on Kids WB for a while and it was good, but I didn't know if it was the same anime.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:55 pm

I think I've seen all of maybe 2 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura? It was so cute, but it was in an age where I didn't have internet, so I never got to see the rest of it.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Cardcaptors is the US dubbed release of Cardcaptor Sakura. I watched that version when I was younger too. My sister and I always watched magical girl anime like this when we were younger. While Carcaptors is more nostalgic for me, they REALLY reworked the show, and it's very different from the Japanese version, which is why I watch it subbed now. They removed all the homosexual romances (no more Sakura x Tomoyo), they renamed all the characters to have "western" names, and they cut out a lot of scenes in general. In the third episode, instead of Sakura going on a date with that older kid, they instead replaced it with stock footage of the first two episodes. It's pretty lame. I still like both versions, but Cardcaptor Sakura is way better.

I'm generally more into dark, serious stuff, but I have a party of myself who loves cute stuff, which is why I love this show.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 pm

ahh I see what you mean. I never did watch the subbed versions, but I don't usually watched subbed version. I only watch dubbed. I spend to much time trying to read what they are saying versus watching what is really happening or going on. When Cardcaptors came out, I didn't really pay that any attention, and it has been SO long since I saw it. I missed the last two episodes of the first season and I have only seen a handful of the second season. Though I must admit, it was a very good anime. It is on my list of someday owning XD

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh, I adore CCS! I haven't seen the whole anime, because I'm bad at catching up with lots of episodes, but I love the manga. Tomoyo is my favorite, she's really such a sweetie and mature beyond her years. I do kind of want to go back and watch the anime to have something light and cute to watch, so it's somewhere on my frightening "to-watch" list now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 am